Everton Carabao Cup 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
People mock this as a "worthless" cup. If you win this you get the exact same result as if you win the FA Cup: Europe. This is easier to win. I've never seen Everton win any silverware, I'd be really happy if we could change that before I die.

Lets hope City are concentrating on the Prem and CL and put weaker teams out in the cups - here's to hoping

Winning it would be cool. I'd rather we had a solid league season even if we didn't win the league. For that reason I'm not going to flip out when Holgate and Gibson start every match we play in this competition.

Lets hope City are concentrating on the Prem and CL and put weaker teams out in the cups - here's to hoping
They can rotate their entire team for this competition and still win it.

Bravo, Cancelo, Otamendi, Some young CB, Angelino, Fernandinho, Gundogan, Foden, Bernardo, Jesus, young winger now that Sane is hurt. That team is better than everyone bar full strength RS, Spurs and maybe Arsenal. It's baffling to me when people think we should be easily winning this competition.

We may as well not turn up. We’ve never won it and it feels like we could have the Brazil 1970 side out for it and not win :D

On a serious note, would be good to get a straight forward nearby or home draw and get a run going.

Although Man City did win it convincingly in the final they were very fortunate of the standard of Leicesters penalties in the quarter final to go through. I can't se us doing much but you never know one year it has to change.

The thought of going 25 years without a trophy is pretty horrific especially when you're only 27 so haven't seen us do anything before!

People mock this as a "worthless" cup. If you win this you get the exact same result as if you win the FA Cup: Europe. This is easier to win. I've never seen Everton win any silverware, I'd be really happy if we could change that before I die.
Is it easier? The list of winners isn't too different from the FA Cup over the last 15 years. A couple anomalies and largely the teams you'd expect. And City have won 4 out of the last 6 without ever caring.

Status
Not open for further replies.