Everton Carabao Cup 2019/2020

Status
Not open for further replies.
If we play against Man United or someone similar, the very same fans would be talking up our chances. We shouldn’t be scared of these, at all!

Perhaps it’s this mentality is why we’re not a successful team.

Kind of disagree with this bit. It'll be the same people who had us down for losing 6 home games in a row at the end of last season. If it's not Brighton or a bottom 3 team at home, they can't cope. It's going to take many, many years to change the defeatist culture in our fanbase.

They`ve played two games so far Frank and beaten the mighty Accrington Stanley and Rotherham.

Only another 44 games to go.

Must try harder : C-
Lincoln have come up thro the leagues, have maintained their management, improved the playing staff year on year and play as a tight knit unit, who are very hard to beat at home.

I follow Lincoln alot as they are normally on my coupon.

This will be tough. They will know all about us from last year. I bet they loved the draw!

Lincoln have come up thro the leagues, have maintained their management, improved the playing staff year on year and play as a tight knit unit, who are very hard to beat at home.

This will be tough. They will know all about us from last year. I bet they loved the draw!

They are in League 1. Their players earn £3k a week.

Always rather home draws but we should just field the full team and squat them aside. Last year our defence was a shambles, if you can keep clean sheets against prem opposition you should be able to against a league 1 side. As long as that happens quality should show and we will get the goal(s) we need.

Yet they’re still in League One.

Would you rather have drawn Leicester away lol

What I will say is, I don’t think this is the sort of game for Gbamin. He’s come from Germany where lower league sides roll over and lose 10-0 in the cups against Bundesliga sides, I think it’d be a bit of a shock to the system to have 18 stone grocks charging into him and booting the living daylights out of him every 20 seconds. Hopefully Delph is back to add that calmness in midfield.

Love how the same cryarses that wanted a million new signings are also advocating playing our first XI against a League 2 side in the cup.

Make up your minds, lads, you either want a squad or you don’t.

We’ll do these easy and give the big boys a rest.

If we play against Man United or someone similar, the very same fans would be talking up our chances. We shouldn’t be scared of these, at all!

Perhaps it’s this mentality is why we’re not a successful team.

An away draw at utd would realistically give us a 30-40% chance of progressing, we probably have a 90% chance against Lincoln. I know which I'd prefer.

Status
Not open for further replies.