Homepage Update: Everton Brands Appointment Confirmed

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandOldTeam

Staff member
GrandOldTeam submitted an update to GrandOldTeam's homepage

Everton Appointment Confirmed
brands2-1024x461.jpg

PSV Eindhoven have confirmed technical director Marcel Brands will leave the club for Everton.

Marcel Brands will assume the role of Director of Football at Everton, replacing Steve Walsh who joined the Club in July 2016.

The Dutchman, 56, is represented by agent Mino Raiola and Sky Sports earlier reported Everton’s owner Farhad Moshiri “believes the pair could help them land the talent to make them a top-four Premier League team”

Marcel Brands: "It is a very difficult decision, but I think this is a good step at the right time. I have had a great time here and PSV gave me the choice to do it for more years. It's really hard to let go of something that's good, but I'm going to do that now."

"In my job, the Premier League is of course a great thing. It is the biggest competition in the world, in all respects. Now, I get the chance to do something there in my own way. I am looking forward to that."

It is a privilege to be joining Everton as Director of Football and I am incredibly excited to take on this challenge,” said Brands.

“The fantastic passion of the fans for their Club, the magnificent history of the Club over the years and the ambition and purpose we have as people tasked with driving the Club forward all mean that we need to be competing for honours against the Premier League elite.

“It is no straightforward challenge but this must be our motivation each and every day.

“I am looking forward to working with Farhad Moshiri and Chairman Bill Kenwright, whom I thank for entrusting me with this role and responsibility, and I am also looking forward to working with the Board of Directors and with our new CEO, Denise Barrett-Baxendale. I know we have very committed people here who want only the best for Everton.

“It is only a challenge such as this which could have persuaded me to leave PSV where I am indebted to the many people whose collective effort led to some great achievements.

“Now we will look to build something really strong and lasting here at Everton.”

Everton’s major shareholder, Farhad Moshiri, added: “Marcel’s record of achievement has cemented his reputation across Europe and I am extremely pleased that we will be bringing his drive, energy and expertise to Everton.

“It was clear to me in our conversations that he shares in the vision we have for the Club and he has much to contribute in making us better and more equipped to challenge the top teams in the Premier League.”

Chairman Bill Kenwright said: “I would like to welcome Marcel to Everton Football Club and I’m looking forward to working with him. His successful track record is there for all to see and having him here to help lead Everton forward is something which I’m sure will excite all Evertonians.”

Everton Director, Professor Denise Barrett-Baxendale, said: “I’m very much looking forward to working closely with Marcel whose experience in the areas of player recruitment and development pathways for young players has forged an outstanding reputation in European football. I know that Marcel will bring an unsurpassed level of quality and prowess to his work at Everton.

“Chief among my priorities is to structure and resource our Club to enable us to fully achieve our ambitions. We will work alongside Marcel on the recruitment of a new manager, which is now our biggest focus.”

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.