2019/20 Everton Board Thread 2019/20

Status
Not open for further replies.
If Moyes and Cahill come in - for anyone who backed Kenwrong over the Blue Union I hope you're happy.

5% stake yet still controls the club.

If that is true the only person you can blame is the same idiot who also fell in love with Silva and wouldnt look at anyone else, its on Moshiri to be a leader, he allows this mess to happen, terrible owner

Well it looks like the next episode in this fellas reign is to totally demoralize the players before the next home game by having them stay behind to be shouted at going by some of their faces coming out of Finch Farm, they look utterly shocked.

Well it looks like the next episode in this fellas reign is to totally demoralize the players before the next home game by having them stay behind to be shouted at going by some of their faces coming out of Finch Farm, they look utterly shocked.

If that was true I'd rather he told them what for than just let them get away with the utter garbage performances they've put in so far this season (and last).

If Moyes and Cahill come in - for anyone who backed Kenwrong over the Blue Union I hope you're happy.

5% stake yet still controls the club.
That makes no sense.
We were told when Silva was appointed that it was a Moshiri appointment and that Kenwright was against it.
Moshiri is no innocent abroad, he is a hard nosed business man who is wealthy beyond belief, if you think he is being pushed around by a 5% shareholder you are delusional.

There is a comedy sketch here somewhere. Players dithering when shooting or whether or not to defend a 50 yard long ball, then the manager dithering on tactics and discipline, and then a board who are dithering on whether to sack said coach and who to choose instead. We should be renamed FC Dithering or Divvy FC for short.

Bumping this because they're a gang of clowns.

It's a joke they waited this long to sack him and despite the writing being on the wall for nearly 3 months failed to look beyond Moyes until the trigger was pulled.

I've got no faith in this lot.

Need the Blue Union back.

And the clappers to get behind them this time.
Maybe if so many of their more vocal supporters were less divisive they may have received better backing?

Possibly dropping the clappers tagline would be a good start? The more you insult someone, the less they want to join you, regardless of the cause.

Maybe if so many of their more vocal supporters were less divisive they may have received better backing?

Possibly dropping the clappers tagline would be a good start? The more you insult someone, the less they want to join you, regardless of the cause.

That works both ways doesn’t it. Saw them receive some terrible stick during that time. What was really telling was the interview they posted with Bill, a huge cyclone of garbage took centre stage rather than the contents of the interview itself.

Which of course was the plan in retort, character assassinations over it being recorded rather than the issues contained in that interview.

Sharpy was very condescending during that time too, “one man and his dog”.

That works both ways doesn’t it. Saw them receive some terrible stick during that time. What was really telling was the interview they posted with Bill, a huge cyclone of garbage took centre stage rather than the contents of the interview itself.

Which of course was the plan in retort, character assassinations over it being recorded rather than the issues contained in that interview.

Sharpy was very condescending during that time too, “one man and his dog”.
Not if they are trying to gain support no mate no. If you want people on your side, insulting them won't do it.

The aim always had to be to win the fans around to their way of thinking, and whilst a lot of the BU seniors did a great job, a lot of the underlying followers and some of the BU did the exact opposite, polarising and segregating large amounts of fans with sweeping generalisations about anyone who was on the fence, wanted to know more, or wasn't picking up the pitchforks.

It's a shame because I thought they did really well tbh, but were undermined by the very people trying to fight their cause on a regular basis.

Not if they are trying to gain support no mate no. If you want people on your side, insulting them won't do it.

The aim always had to be to win the fans around to their way of thinking, and whilst a lot of the BU seniors did a great job, a lot of the underlying followers and some of the BU did the exact opposite, polarising and segregating large amounts of fans with sweeping generalisations about anyone who was on the fence, wanted to know more, or wasn't picking up the pitchforks.

It's a shame because I thought they did really well tbh, but were undermined by the very people trying to fight their cause on a regular basis.

I see what you’re saying, have to say though my personal experiences differ a bit from what I saw and read. Some of that behaviour back then reminds me a little of this forum during the summer when some were not impressed with our transfers and got called bedwetters, cry arses and stuff like that constantly.

At first I thought it was just taking the mick, the more I read, I don’t think it was. I agree things could of been handled better however I think some who oppose these things need to look at themselves also.

I see what you’re saying, have to say though my personal experiences differ a bit from what I saw and read. Some of that behaviour back then reminds me a little of this forum during the summer when some were not impressed with our transfers and got called bedwetters, cry arses and stuff like that constantly.

At first I thought it was just taking the mick, the more I read, I don’t think it was. I agree things could of been handled better however I think some who oppose these things need to look at themselves also.
Agreed, there were bad tools on both sides of the arguments, my issues were with those that were using BU almost as a weapon to attack people who had a different opinion, using Unions informed stance as a means to justify their poor attempts at discrediting others.
I remember posts when BU was still a rumour claiming, if it happened, it would shut up the happy clappers and Kenwright apologists.
The group didn't even exist yet and their supporters were busy working against them in an attempt to support them, oblivious to the fact the very posts they were typing were cementing the oppositions mindset against them.

As with any side of an argument you see more posts about your way of thinking, because that is what you look into, but there was a crazy amount of vitriol on both sides which I guess is inevitable with such an emotive subject.. I was always very much on the fence though, I liked what they were about, but was never as anti Kenwright as many, but I still wanted progress and potential change with the right owner coming in.
As it happens this stance bought anger from both sides of the debate lol, but where it was a debate it was always interesting, sadly that was actually pretty rare and both sides resorted more often than not to petty name calling within a post or two of a sensible question from anyone.

I'm just saying that if they were to make a return in any guise, the BU followers need to accept that those that don't share their opinion need to be educated into changing their minds, as opposed to being insulted into doing so.

You won't insult someone into joining you, and getting people to join was the primary requirement of the BU in order for it to gain momentum, and for the most part, the main core of BU did a great job of avoiding the conflict side of things and answering questions well, but they have no control over their support., that's entirely down to the individual.

Maybe next time /discussion could be the new way forwards for all concerned?

We live in hope :)

Status
Not open for further replies.