Everton artefacts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Groucho

Staff member
Just found a box of old cigarette cards my nan and grandad used to collect, some going back to pre-war.

If you head over to the GOT Instagram I'll put a few up, but it got me thinking - what sort of old Everton artefacts do you have? What's in your own personal "David France" style Everton collection?

....apart from loads of old programmes, I do have a 33 LP of the 66 Cup Final and semi final commentarys. I listened to it a lot as a youngster, no TV Replays etc in those days. I think one of the commentators is a bloke called Athol Still and a couple of phrases are clear in my memory; "...and Temple scores the winner, at least I think it's the winner"; " he's lost his jacket, he's lost his jacket".

Priceless.

....apart from loads of old programmes, I do have a 33 LP of the 66 Cup Final and semi final commentarys. I listened to it a lot as a youngster, no TV Replays etc in those days. I think one of the commentators is a bloke called Athol Still and a couple of phrases are clear in my memory; "...and Temple scores the winner, at least I think it's the winner"; " he's lost his jacket, he's lost his jacket".

Priceless.
I'll have to get in the loft and dig out some old programmes too.

Btw..about instagram...I kinda hate twitter so whats the difference there?

you can send pictures into it straight from your phone?

Btw..about instagram...I kinda hate twitter so whats the difference there?

you can send pictures into it straight from your phone?
Instagram is nothing like Twitter.

Instagram is the worst elements of Facebook boiled down to people posting pics of their food ad nauseam.

I don't have it on my phone anymore but I just used it for the nice filters. Never posted a single pic to Facebook, never had any instagram followers.

Instagram is nothing like Twitter.

Instagram is the worst elements of Facebook boiled down to people posting pics of their food ad nauseam.

I don't have it on my phone anymore but I just used it for the nice filters. Never posted a single pic to Facebook, never had any instagram followers.

Ok...well...Im so rarely even in facebook so I quess i'll just stick around here..

Probably this Groucho.

Attachments

• WP_000163.jpg
    WP_000163.jpg
    277.7 KB · Views: 106
  • WP_000165.jpg
    WP_000165.jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 121

Quite a bit - including the original 1928 Keates book (which has been in the family for those nearly 90 years), 1963 squad signed picture, Dixie Dean's Euro 96 Displays (about 15 foot long) from Wembley, 1987 signed ball, 2005 Champions League Silver Aquascutum football, and things like that - and a shedload of programmes (all home ones from 1949).

Quite a bit - including the original 1928 Keates book (which has been in the family for those nearly 90 years), 1963 squad signed picture, Dixie Dean's Euro 96 Displays (about 15 foot long) from Wembley, 1987 signed ball, 2005 Champions League Silver Aquascutum football, and things like that - and a shedload of programmes (all home ones from 1949).
How did you get the Euro displays?

Status
Not open for further replies.