Everton are Crap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok maybe Palace is a bit of a stretch. But West Ham and Leicester....those clubs rank higher in the current day. Leicester have won the league in front of everyone's eyes.....there's no need to justify why they rank ahead of us. Then, you have West Ham....they have a top team, with a huge support/stadium. If these 2 teams aren't ahead of Everton, they are at least on par with us.

Sorry, I thought for a moment you said west Ham are a bigger club than us, but no Evertonian is that stupid are they?

Not even arsed anymore. It's always the hope that kills you. Every year it's the same, false hope built up on baseless foundations ! We'll never change. New manager. New ground. New players. Still be the same Everton. You can roll a turd in glitter and it's still a turd.

Not crap - just a sleeping giant.

Scrub that - a giant in a coma.

Scrub that - an anaethetised giant in a coma.

Camera pans to the pulse monitor - beep - beep - beep - .......

Everton, in the current day, rank behind the likes of West Ham, Leicester, Palace, in terms of everything, with the exception of history.

I now see that this was a wind up attempt from what looks like a non-Evertonian.

Any time Leicester are mentioned as being ahead of Everton due to the title win, i'd just make the point that this would also place them ahead of someone like Spurs too because Spurs haven't won anything in that time and we know Leicester aren't ahead of Spurs as a club. In each of the 3 seasons since they won the league Leicester haven't finished above us once and we've not even been great by any means. Seems likely that they will finish higher this season but that's not happened yet. I'd say we are both similarly placed clubs at this moment though, despite us being considerably "bigger" than them. Always have been, always will be - not like that means a great deal any more though.

Using West Ham in your argument is also daft, or are they ahead of Chelsea as they have a bigger capacity? We finished ahead of West Ham last season and I would guess they've finished ahead of us about 2 times in the last 20 seasons at most.

Need to do better next time.

None of the above changes the fact that Everton are a continual disappointment though and a shadow of the club we once were.

I now see that this was a wind up attempt from what looks like a non-Evertonian.

Any time Leicester are mentioned as being ahead of Everton due to the title win, i'd just make the point that this would also place them ahead of someone like Spurs too because Spurs haven't won anything in that time and we know Leicester aren't ahead of Spurs as a club. In each of the 3 seasons since they won the league Leicester haven't finished above us once and we've not even been great by any means. Seems likely that they will finish higher this season but that's not happened yet. I'd say we are both similarly placed clubs at this moment though, despite us being considerably "bigger" than them. Always have been, always will be - not like that means a great deal any more though.

Using West Ham in your argument is also daft, or are they ahead of Chelsea as they have a bigger capacity? We finished ahead of West Ham last season and I would guess they've finished ahead of us about 2 times in the last 20 seasons at most.

Need to do better next time.

None of the above changes the fact that Everton are a continual disappointment though and a shadow of the club we once were.
This isn't a wind-up. Why aren't clubs like Leicester and West Ham on par with Everton, in the current climate? What makes us any bigger than them, other than the 9 historic titles? Leeds United always claim to be some big club, but what makes them any bigger than the likes of Swansea, Brentford, Milwall or QPR? Absolutely nothing. I could care less about their historic success, but they are on the same level as those clubs I listed.

West Ham is probably the best supported club outside of the top 6, and now ever since Pellegrini has come in, that club has stabilised. Leicester, with all the great players they produce, consistent top 10 finishes and recent title win, elevates them to a high level. Most of the NFL/NBA teams who come to tour England, they tend to visit West Ham, along with other big clubs.

You listed how Leicester aren't a bigger club than Spurs or West Ham aren't a bigger club than Chelsea, but that is because Spurs are regularly playing in the Champs League, world famous and have the top 4 biggest fan-base in England. Then with Chelsea, they are, just serial winners and of course, they have a lot of fans. We can't claim to have those things, that Spurs or Chelsea have.

Moyes - Preston
Martinez - Wigan
Sam Allardyce - Unemployment / Crystal Palace
Koeman - Southampton
Silva - Watford

there's a trend

and its a trend of employing managers with absolute poop backgrounds

time to actually get a decent manager
Can’t really put Moyes in that category, let’s face it we would all be creaming ourselves if we finished 6th like he often did.

Status
Not open for further replies.