Everton annual wage costs discrepancy

Status
Not open for further replies.

John BCN

Player Valuation: £6m
Everyone is aware that the main reason we have been having P and S issues is our ridiculously high wage costs (our net transfer spend in the last 5 years is only £31m).

In the accounts for 21/22 (see below) annual wages are listed as £162m.

Swiss Ramble Everton Finances 21/22

However, if you look at the various websites that try to estimate player salaries the figure quoted is always far less. For example, Spotrac calculates player salaries for 21/22 as only £91m.

Spotrac Everton player salaries 21/22

I appreciate that you have to add on other staff salaries (Directors, managers, coaches, youth team, Finch Farm, admin etc) but the discrepancy still seems enormous.

I was just wondering if anyone had an explanation for this?

Last edited:
Everyone is aware that the main reason we have been having P and S issues is our ridiculously high wage costs (our net transfer spend in the last 5 years is only £31m).

However, if you look at the various websites that try to estimate player salaries the figure quoted is always far less. For example, Spotrac calculates player salaries for 22/22 as only £91m.

I appreciate that you have to add on other staff salaries (Directors, managers, coaches, youth team, Finch Farm, admin etc) but the discrepancy still seems enormous.

Are you factoring in the payoffs to Martinez, Koeman, Allerdyce, Silva, Lampard and their assorted staffs?

The club has spent a not so small fortune paying these people to NOT manage the club.

However, if you look at the various websites that try to estimate player salaries the figure quoted is always far less. For example, Spotrac calculates player salaries for 21/22 as only £91m.

I think Swiss Ramble just pulls numbers out of its arse mate. Same as anyone who isn't is directly employed by the football club to look after our finances.

Oh no, not the lawnmower funds. :eek:
We are buying A LOT of them.

Screenshot_20230629-162840_Drive.jpg

The most reliable website about player wages is this one imo: https://www.capology.com/uk/premier-league/salaries/

It claims to have verified many of the figures .

For Everton, it says Iwobi is already on 120k a week. Keane is on 80k, Godfrey is on 75k, and Holgate is on 70k, a very expensive unholy trinity.

It's interesting to look at wages from other clubs as well. Iheanacho is said to be on 80k a week and not the rumoured 150k a week I've seen online. I don't think Iheanacho is the answer for us tbh, doesn't score enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.