Everton and VAR

Status
Not open for further replies.
That penalty was the most obvious case you'll see of VAR asking the ref to go and look at the monitor. I'm not saying it wasn't a pen - I'd be calling for it if it was us - but it was far from being a clear and obvious mistake by the ref. Unbelievable that there has't been a single game in which the ref has gone to look at the monitor

That penalty was the most obvious case you'll see of VAR asking the ref to go and look at the monitor. I'm not saying it wasn't a pen - I'd be calling for it if it was us - but it was far from being a clear and obvious mistake by the ref. Unbelievable that there has't been a single game in which the ref has gone to look at the monitor
Why aren't you saying it wasn't a penalty? You do know that it has to be a deliberate or reckless challenge to be deemed a foul.

Why the hell Silva didn't point out and make an issue of in his pre match presser those dubious decisions last week is totally beyond me,he does and I don't think even mason has the gonads to do that.
Because if a member of the club dares state what the rest of the planet sees the football authorities will fine the living hell out of us and make sure a bundle of other decisions put us in the relegation zone.

People need to wake up, see what's going on and just vote with their feet. English football is NO LONGER A SPORT. It is scripted entertainment for the benefit of sky and bt shareholders.

Because if a member of the club dares state what the rest of the planet sees the football authorities will fine the living hell out of us and make sure a bundle if other decisions put us in the relegation zone.

People need to wake up, see what's going on and just vote with their feet. English football is NO LONGER A SPORT. It is scripted entertainment for the benefit of sky and bt shareholders.

Exactly this. It’s taken probably the greatest premier league team of all time with the worlds best manager at the helm and all time greats like Aguero Silva Kompany playing for them to beat the team the authorities wanted to win season.

There’s far too much money flowing round the game and where you get that amount of money you get corruption, match fixing, and doping. The only football worth watching now is international football. Everything else already has the cards stacked against you coming up against teams who have spent year on year millions more than you, but now to add to that they will get virtually every single decision every single game also.

It was a very poor decision,and yes if it had been given against us when we were playing a “top 6” team and we were leading then you could claim bias etc. It was against a Brighton team who we should have been more than 1 goal ahead of at the time and the way the team responded was very very poor.
Yes the ref should have looked at the monitor,yes var is decisive and has been used poorly so far. But it gives poor managers an excuse for losing.
Poor decision making by players and managers during games will have more impact on the results of games than var.

I dont disagree we are awful away from home mate. But today, Brighton had nothing in them at all, we were comfortable, not brilliant, not blowing them away but comfortable, which at the moment when there is clearly so little cohesion and confidence is fine and at least we weren't looking nervous we were not under pressure.

We didnt shoot outselves in the foot, the referees did it.

It doesn't excuse the capitulation afterwards, although such a decision obviously changes the momentum. It is fair to say that without that horrendous decision we looked fairly safe to see the game out.
I agree Within the context of the game and the exact circumstances of the “penalty” it just wasn’t deserved. How many times do we see two guys running for the ball and it’s a coming together and it’s not a foul. Is it going to be a penalty now with VAR? We are dreadful and don’t deserve to be much higher up the table. But if Brighton doesn’t get that penalty there’s no way there are winning the game

Status
Not open for further replies.