Everton 3-1 Southampton. 29th Sep @ 15.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I work in an office full of Saints fans so if we don't win I will have to go sick on Monday. I spent 6 years working in Southampton. It is a soulless sh1thole and I smile every morning knowing I now drive past trees, ponies and deer going to work instead of crumbling 60s buildings and mongs in ill fitting sportswear

The woolpack's finsest hour is almost upon us. I'm excited on your behalf chaps, be gentle to each other.

Think these will be after us all guns blazing after the Villa result, hopefully we can keep it tight for the first 20, which despite a clean sheet, we didn't do against Swansea. If we weather that I can see us getting the win.

Don't see it being an easy game or us putting a big score together though. These are a decent side and haven't had the run of the ball at all so far this season.

I'm guna go for a 2-1 with Jela getting the first and Super Kev Mirallas the other.

What a stadium like. It looks nothing like but I wanted to post it as I seen it when I was googling Southampton images and it's Fellaini and his brother.

41662.jpg

He might as well have got a massive tattoo in comic sans on his forehead saying "I'M THAT FELLAINI'S BROTHER".

Bet you he gets banged off some decent birds for it too. [Poor language removed].

hes camp as titties, he gets banged in the Lisbon.

nice right up plumbs ,remember the 8.0 game as thou it was yesterday ,bally scored the fifth and best goal of the game in st end

Rickie lambert is a red

Southampton striker Rickie Lambert says his Liverpool roots will make this weekend's trip to Everton an extra special occasion for him.

The 30-year-old was born in the Litherland district of the city and grew up supporting Liverpool, where he was once on the books as a schoolboy.

And Lambert is relishing a return to his home town to face the Reds' great rivals as Southampton aim to claim a second straight Premier League victory.

"It's another one that all the lads are buzzing for, and for me as a scouser it's definitely one I've been looking forward to," Lambert told the Saints' official website.

Everton currently sit third in the table after a fine start to the season which has seen them win three out of their five matches so far.

Lambert is wary of the form the Toffees have been showing but says Southampton will take a lot of confidence from their 4-1 victory over Aston Villa last weekend.

He added: "They're flying at the minute. But even when they're not flying it's a hard place to go so we know we've got a hard game on our hands.

"Hopefully the Villa win is going to give us the confidence to go there and get something."

As an aside, I once drunkenly fingered Mrs Jock on a train home from Southampton after a Scouting for Girls "gig" I sh*t ye not.

GOOD LORD.

admires*

I live in Southampton. It's ok like. Hope we smash them though

Whoah. Iggy told me if was sh*te and they were dead over confident, even geordie-esque in their delusion.

Lazy stereotypes, crass topical references and vague tactical overviews. Good to see its all there again mate.

Nailed like.

Good write down. Chicolini. But Adkins isn't a scouser, he's a wool like me and Goat.

I knew there was something sex pestish about him. Welcome to Adkins retracted. Do one back to Birkenhead Nige you scruff.

Southampton isn't near France

Revelation. You sure like? I know you live there but it's south coast so virtually all half French down there. Only Jersey is more arse.

Oh and you know there's a Titanic expedition!

It's terrible

A guess mate honestly, they had to didn't they. I mean what else do they have that they can exhibit?

They Are already confident of at least a draw by the way.

They really that bad? I've liked all the ones I've met but your words on a screen have made me unsure of them.

nice right up plumbs ,remember the 8.0 game as thou it was yesterday ,bally scored the fifth and best goal of the game in st end

Tar. I knew I'd get something wrong like.

first game I ever went to on my todd was the 3-0 defeat at home in '74 when they had the likes of Channon and Osgood up-front, granted it was an end of season game but they still played us off the park. Was **** scared to go to another game again as I thought I was a curse.

Completely indifferent to Southampton though happy enough if they want to bend over and allow us to slip them another hammering.

What's the deal with Ricky Lambert's accent ? saw him getting interviewed after last week's game .. 'kin weird.

Adkins is from the one eyed town then. He also has a touch about Rodgers about him, just reading this in the Daily Post.

He was an 18-year-old between the sticks at Tranmere when he took on the challenge of helming Birkenhead Sunday League fifth division side Renbad Rovers – and won five promotions.
“I’ve kept all the teamsheets, all the different formations, who scored the goals and my notes of how we played,†says Adkins. “They were good days, knocking around with my mates while I was on the books as a goalkeeper at Tranmere and then at Wigan.
“We even produced our own little match programmes – sheets of A4 paper folded in half, with the teams on the back and the manager’s notes inside – and my wife used to help out with those.
“They were a good bunch, and from the Birkenhead Sunday League fifth division we went up to the fourth, third, second, first and premier divisions, so I got the taste for winning promotion at a young age.
“One year we won the league and cup double, so I took the trophies into training one morning at Wigan and placed them beneath my peg in the dressing room.
“We had our own fenced-off pitch at Newton on the Wirral with our own clubhouse, and we did our own fundraising.
“It was smarter than your average Sunday league set-up, but there were also days when we played in parks where you would have to clear the dogs’ mess off the pitch first.
“We’ve been to the grass roots and back, but it gave me a fantastic grounding, and it stood me in good stead when I moved on to Bangor as player-manager in the mid-90s.â€
Adkins adds: “I would drive the minibus to away games, stopping to pick up some of the lads from their building sites, but if you love football those things aren’t chores. They were special times.

Trying too hard. We get it, he's just he's just Nigel from the Block/Rock Ferry.

He clearly believes in "educating" players too.

Defo

Something well dodgy about Adkins

This will be a tough game though

Hopefully after 1 win they'll be thinking they are ace but really they are not

Not seen many predicted line ups on this thread yet

I guess that means it will be obvious

Actually think Neville will be a key player for this game.

West Quay is a decent shopping centre, thats about it, it is a very average city.

I don't mind the Saints.

Adam Lallana was in the year below me at school, really really nice lad and an Evertonian - have I mentioned this before?

West Quay is a decent shopping centre, thats about it, it is a very average city.

I don't mind the Saints.

Adam Lallana was in the year below me at school, really really nice lad and an Evertonian - have I mentioned this before?

He's a blue? I thought he had Merseyside links but wikipedia'd him and it said he was born somewhere equally glib down south.

Status
Not open for further replies.