Everton 3-1 Manchester United. Saturday 20th February @ 12.45.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just witness the best everton performance under Moyes.

2 substitutes and 2 goals, well done DM! :D

And we gave them a goal start!!!!!!!!!!!

moyes got it spot on with the subs today

Great game!
fantastic subs by Moyes, this time he was lucky :D

F'n fantastic, anyway who questions Moyes' tactical side has well and truly been put in their place.

Ossie was superb, Heitinga and Distin were great, F it, the whole team was fantastic.

This game surpass our 1st half performance against city.
Surpass chelsea game.
Surpass fiorentina game.
This is a historic benchmark for Moyes.

heitinga was a beast once again baines had a cracker and donovan ran his socks off.
but osman was at the heart of everything and overshadowed arteta as far as creativity so mom must go to howard

All of these. Not only our best game under Moyes, but his best game also. When we went behind we didnt crumble, when we went ahead we didnt fade, sit back and beg them to score, but we went forward looking for more and we got it. Made two substitutions and not only did they both score, but played well. Gosling now has massive goals against both the RS and MU!!

Oh and Ossie excellent again in the middle. Good thing Cahill and Felli are out, or Moyes would have to make some tough choices!! :eek:

Whats that i see?

Us passing the ball about with players playing well in their natural positions?

Us giving the champions of England a damn good game and possibly being the better team?

Very few crappy long balls lumped up field only to come straight back at us?

It ain't rocket science is it.

Bit iffy at the back but you could say the same for them.

Game is evenly balanced i just hope we don't gift them the win and make them earn it if they want it.

Or even better we take the win for ourselves.

Shouldn't of been a pen for handball on Evra, never deliberate, although Rooneys shove was more blatant but it didn't look like there was much contact but as hairy hands said, if that was outside the box we would of got a foul and you shouldn't referee like that.

Actually first goal came from a long ball, so....

With a purposeful grimace and a terrible sound
He pulls the spitting high tension wires down, Rodzilla!

Helpless people on subway trains
Scream BUG-EYED as he looks in on them, Rodzilla!

He picks up a bus and he throws it back down
As he wades through the buildings toward the center of town, Rodzilla!

Oh no, they say he's got to go
Go go Rodzilla, yeah
Oh no, there goes Tokyo
Go go Rodzilla, yeah

Go go Rodzilla, yeah
Oh no, there goes Tokyo
Go go Rodzilla, yeah

Rinji news o moshiagemasu!
Rodzilla ga Ginza hoomen e mukatte imasu!
Daishkyu hinan [Poor language removed] kudasai!
(Attention, emergency news!
Attention, emergency news!
Rodzilla is going toward the Ginza area!
Immediately escape, catch up, find shelter please!
Immediately escape, catch up, find shelter please!)

Go go Rodzilla, yeah
Oh no, there goes Tokyo
Go go Rodzilla, yeah

History shows again and again
How nature points up the folly of men
Rodzilla!

Such an awesome end to my day as I got home from finishing my work week just in time to watch the match and showing such fight and will to come from behind and win again with so many solid performances!;)

With a purposeful grimace and a terrible sound
He pulls the spitting high tension wires down, Rodzilla!

Helpless people on subway trains
Scream BUG-EYED as he looks in on them, Rodzilla!

He picks up a bus and he throws it back down
As he wades through the buildings toward the center of town, Rodzilla!

Go go Rodzilla, yeah
Oh no, there goes Tokyo
Go go Rodzilla, yeah

Go go Rodzilla, yeah
Oh no, there goes Tokyo
Go go Rodzilla, yeah

Rodzilla ga Ginza hoomen e mukatte imasu!
(Attention, emergency news!
Attention, emergency news!
Rodzilla is going toward the Ginza area!
Immediately escape, catch up, find shelter please!
Immediately escape, catch up, find shelter please!)

Go go Rodzilla, yeah
Oh no, there goes Tokyo
Go go Rodzilla, yeah

History shows again and again
How nature points up the folly of men
Rodzilla!

I'm singing along to a bit of BOC! RODZILLA!!!!!!!!!

Brilliant again boys and after giving them a head start.
Once again osman outstanding and also great games for heitinga,pienaar,neville,donovan and baines once he got valencia sorted.
Dion dublin what a prick talk about a sore loser.

I really liked a midfield of donovan, arteta, osman, pienaar, and billy. Really allows us a more fluid midfield. No one is limited to a position. Donovan can swap to attacking mid, left, or right mid. Pienaar can play all 3. Billy can swap left or right. And arteta and osman and move in and out of the wings too. Keeps the defense on their toes with who they're needing to defend.

I was highlighting certain details to other posters of the forum and that statement no way reflects my own feelings, mainly because they change a dozen times during the course of a game! lol

Happy here, hows you today?

Very happy thanks, BBC. Watched the game in the pub (not BBC) with three workmates (Villa, Millwall and Charlton). Although two of them had bets on a Utd win, all three were pleased we won. I had three bets; 2-1, 1-2 and 2-2 and had great pleasure in taking out my betting ticket, shouting 'FCUK!' and tearing it up when we went 3-1 lol

Whats that i see?

Us passing the ball about with players playing well in their natural positions?

Us giving the champions of England a damn good game and possibly being the better team?

Very few crappy long balls lumped up field only to come straight back at us?

It ain't rocket science is it.

Bit iffy at the back but you could say the same for them.

Game is evenly balanced i just hope we don't gift them the win and make them earn it if they want it.

Or even better we take the win for ourselves.

Shouldn't of been a pen for handball on Evra, never deliberate, although Rooneys shove was more blatant but it didn't look like there was much contact but as hairy hands said, if that was outside the box we would of got a foul and you shouldn't referee like that.

I thought Howard Webb had a good game. Rooney did push off but it wasn't a hard shove. Evra in his defense had his arm at his side. Could have both been a pen but it also would have been a soft pen on both.

We actually did hoof the ball to saha quite a bit. The difference today was Saha consistently got the ball held things up and even if nothing came of it it kept Utd honest and took pressure off the defense.

A little shaky in the back. Distin still frightens me sometimes but he used his body well today.

I think starting Berbatov was a plus for us. Rooney's alot better when he has to do everything himself and Berbatov's presence kept him off the ball. I'll take my chances with Berbatov beating us over Rooney any day of the week.

Fletcher always frightens me, I wish he'd have an extended bad run of form and Alex flogs him off to us.

I really liked a midfield of donovan, arteta, osman, pienaar, and billy. Really allows us a more fluid midfield. No one is limited to a position. Donovan can swap to attacking mid, left, or right mid. Pienaar can play all 3. Billy can swap left or right. And arteta and osman and move in and out of the wings too. Keeps the defense on their toes with who they're needing to defend.

With Arteta in the mix, Pinnear seems to be a better player up front. Arteta gets to control the middle 1/3 and Peanut gets free reign to make plays up front and they don't have to fight over the ball.

Donovan looks alot more comfortable on the left as well.

We actually did hoof the ball to saha quite a bit. The difference today was Saha consistently got the ball held things up and even if nothing came of it it kept Utd honest and took pressure off the defense.

Fletcher always frightens me, I wish he'd have an extended bad run of form and Alex flogs him off to us.

There were long balls played up to him yeah, but it wasn't constant and it was balls played with a purpose to a man who had the ability to bring them down and do something with them.

As opposed to "hoofed" to a man marked by 2 defenders trying to win the ball in the air.

And i remember Fletcher was linked to us not too long back, think everyone was disgusted at the thought but he's really improved since then and is actually a decent footballer as well as an enforcer type guy.

Status
Not open for further replies.