Everton 2015 AGM - EFC Shareholders Association's 41 questions submitted for the Board

Status
Not open for further replies.
Removing TV money and Champions League money, Elstone ranks Everton 9th in the PL on commercial income. He says that a new stadium is key to bridging that gap.

Hmmm.

Elstone says on growing future revenues there are four key areas:

Enhanced commercial income, focused support from marketing and PR, compelling and differentiated sales proposition and bigger international footprint

In other words, say things that sound clever and that maccavennie doesn't understand which winds him up more than usual

Consider how many 50,000 seater stadium have been built in the last 15 years and the answer is one

Say what? Emirates, Etihad isnt miles off 50000 now, Olympic/West Ham, Wembley, Millenium Stadium. Off the top of my head.

Oh, Spurs currently building one.

RE on the partnership approach “Let’s be clear this is not about Everton asking anyone for money.”

But we have no money so how are you going to build a stadium with no money.

But says until others “grasp that” then difficult to make progression required.

I'm sure many companies probably see a stadium as a great sponsorship opportunity but the issue is they don't want their name on a shed or want to work with a company with terrible business plans.

This comment is slightly off-topic, but since RE is saying “It wouldn’t be a general meeting without a comment about Kitbag...it is a really robust commercial deal..we test it regularly but believe it is right for the club,” and "Enhanced commercial income, focused support from marketing and PR, compelling and differentiated sales proposition and bigger international footprint."

I won't speak for all Americans and all International supporters, but I think there are a lot of supporters like me who, not able to purchase a ST or spend in ways a local supporter might, is probably willing to spend more at EvertonDirect.com than would otherwise be reasonable...

Except the site is always out of stock. I don't understand how the Kitbag deal can possibly be a robust commercial deal when high-selling items are out of stock between August and December.

Consider how many 50,000 seater stadium have been built in the last 15 years and the answer is one

Say what? Emirates, Etihad isnt miles off 50000 now, Olympic/West Ham, Wembley, Millenium Stadium. Off the top of my head.

He surely did not say that bit in bold?!? The guy is an absolute balloon

Yeah, that's an obviously false comment, like missing the forest staring at a single leaf. Stadiums are being built all over the world, not to mention one or two clubs actively redeveloping existing grounds.

Status
Not open for further replies.