Everton 2 Sunderland 0

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackyboy

Player Valuation: £35m
Everton; Robles, Coleman, Williams, RFM, Baines, Schneiderlin, Davies, Gueye, Barkley, Lukaku, Lookman

Mackems; Pickford, Jones, L Kone, JOS, Bryan, Larsson, Gibson, N'dong, Januzaj, Defoe, Borini

These routine wins never quite feel as comfortable as they should do ey blues?

However we got the job done and now it is nine games unbeaten for the Walton Globetrotters (credit @chicoazul)

We actually started the game very well, pinning Sunderland back with some good pressing from the whole team and forcing about 847 corners that of course we did nothing with.

Sunderland held strong with what must be John O'Shea's son at centre back? Booting away everything that was too short or overhit.

Enter the Senegalese Mosquito, after a lucky overhit ball meant for Barkley/sweeping ball out wide for Coleman, Seamus was in down the right. He elected to hit it hard and low across the box as opposed to his earlier attempt at the Phil Neville pitching wedge. Gueye was on hand to steer it home past Pickford. 1 nil Blues.

Could have been 2 zip shortly after when Tom Davies unleashed a Recoba esque outside of the foot half-volley, only to see it come back off the post.

HT

Sunderland had a go early in the second half, with us treating the ball like the admission of a fart in a lift.

Although the only real heart in mouth moment came just before we put the game beyond Sunderland. Some utter pap defending led to Defoe walloping the underside of the bar and bouncing on the line. Was poorly cleared before they gained a corner, somehow Gueye managed to win it back about 3 times before it finally was booted away.

Moyes at this point must have been at the glue, as everyone of the Sunderland players was effectively in our half. All of a sudden it was Lukaku VS Oviedo. It for me was akin to chasing a fridge on wheels going downhill. Oviedo tried, and tried and tried but in the end Rom did what Rom does and slotted and that was pretty much your lot.

McCarthy came on and kicked a few people up in the air, Mirallas was on the periphery (quelle surprise) and Valencia ran around a lot.

5 from today

I don't like Mori and Williams as a CB pairing.

Barkley's drag back and nutmeg in the first half by the paddock?

The girl behind me blaming Lukaku again.

Gibson actually playing like a pissed Dar. Firstly blowing for tugs after his first "sprint". Then booting Lookman up the arse.

How did Borini not end up scoring against us?

12 to go Blues, let's keep the run going.

Third

Happy with the result. 3 points and a clean sheet keeps me happy.

Only real complaint is our habit of starting the second half without any urgency & confidence.
Getting a bit to regular for my liking and better teams than Sunderland can (and will) punish us for it.

Last edited:

davek will call it Moyes-esque, by the numbers, no better than we should be, uninspiring, blah, blah, blah...call that a win? 6-2, that a win.

Third

Happy with the result. 3 points and a clean sheet keeps me happy.

Only real complaint is our habit of starting the second half without any urgency & confidence.
Getting a bit to regular for my liking and better teams than Sunderland can (and will) punish us for it.

I still cannot believe we came out and scored against Citeh.
We almost always start to play about 8 minutes into a 2nd half. Strange and frustrating reoccurrence.

They offered absolutely nothing !All in all a day at the office for Everton and you won't see an easier 3 points all season ! The place was packed yesterday I noticed! Good day apart from the 3 children sat next to me who bullied me all through the second half !

Everton; Robles, Coleman, Williams, RFM, Baines, Schneiderlin, Davies, Gueye, Barkley, Lukaku, Lookman

Mackems; Pickford, Jones, L Kone, JOS, Bryan, Larsson, Gibson, N'dong, Januzaj, Defoe, Borini

These routine wins never quite feel as comfortable as they should do ey blues?

However we got the job done and now it is nine games unbeaten for the Walton Globetrotters (credit @chicoazul)

We actually started the game very well, pinning Sunderland back with some good pressing from the whole team and forcing about 847 corners that of course we did nothing with.

Sunderland held strong with what must be John O'Shea's son at centre back? Booting away everything that was too short or overhit.

Enter the Senegalese Mosquito, after a lucky overhit ball meant for Barkley/sweeping ball out wide for Coleman, Seamus was in down the right. He elected to hit it hard and low across the box as opposed to his earlier attempt at the Phil Neville pitching wedge. Gueye was on hand to steer it home past Pickford. 1 nil Blues.

Could have been 2 zip shortly after when Tom Davies unleashed a Recoba esque outside of the foot half-volley, only to see it come back off the post.

HT

Sunderland had a go early in the second half, with us treating the ball like the admission of a fart in a lift.

Although the only real heart in mouth moment came just before we put the game beyond Sunderland. Some utter pap defending led to Defoe walloping the underside of the bar and bouncing on the line. Was poorly cleared before they gained a corner, somehow Gueye managed to win it back about 3 times before it finally was booted away.

Moyes at this point must have been at the glue, as everyone of the Sunderland players was effectively in our half. All of a sudden it was Lukaku VS Oviedo. It for me was akin to chasing a fridge on wheels going downhill. Oviedo tried, and tried and tried but in the end Rom did what Rom does and slotted and that was pretty much your lot.

McCarthy came on and kicked a few people up in the air, Mirallas was on the periphery (quelle surprise) and Valencia ran around a lot.

5 from today

I don't like Mori and Williams as a CB pairing.

Barkley's drag back and nutmeg in the first half by the paddock?

The girl behind me blaming Lukaku again.

Gibson actually playing like a pissed Dar. Firstly blowing for tugs after his first "sprint". Then booting Lookman up the arse.

How did Borini not end up scoring against us?

12 to go Blues, let's keep the run going.

Good write up mate, but you scored 0 on the MOTM Poll creation stakes.

edit : I take back what I said about the poll, there's already one at https://www.grandoldteam.com/forum/threads/the-sunderland-mom-thread.94911/ so I'll give you the benefit of the doubt on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.