Everton 2-2 West Ham United. Saturday 22nd January @ 15.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.

chicoazul

Poster Valuation: #1
A must, must win if such a tedious handle existed for a game.

Whilst abject disappointment didn't reign freely post derby, the type of optimism that only a home win over Spurs and a win against ****e lower league opposition can only bring.

That said we are playing with a bit more confidence and the league is still very very tight so hope runs free.

West Ham are having a crap season, a crapper one than ours. Avram Grant has been read the last rites more times than Zsa Zsa Gabor. If he keeps on getting beat then he won't have a leg stand to stand on with the fans when he asks for more time as manager there, particularly with the rat like O'Neill supposedly sniffing about.

They did have a productive Christmas and at the heart of it was Scott Parker, a fine player who always seem to turn it on against us. One of them festive games was a one all draw at Upton Park, when we really should have done better against a team there for the taking. Not unlike the derby then.

We've something of a good record with West Ham at Goodison, enjoying decent wins more often than not. Save last season when it ended up in a disappointing 2-2 with them scrapping for their Premiership lives.

It wouldn't be a West Ham discussion without mentioning what massive tits Sullivan and the sex-offending-Santa lookalike Gold are. I wish them despicable beauts nothing but failure, which is unfortunate as I like the West Ham fans who usually come across quite well.

The 4-4-2 stalled a wee bit at Anfield as Liverpool's five in midfield gained the upper hand for some periods, notable when they were first to a lot of the second balls. West Ham may employ similar but you'd think that the 4-4-2 is made for games like this as home where we have struggled to kill of teams recently.
Anichebe and Beckford toiled well enough up front but I'd be happier with Saha returning who always seems to have a goal in him against West Ham. It's looking likely that the bad greedy Christian Pienaar will on pastures new so that left hand side poses a problem. Usually our most productive outlet, Osman didn't do much to stake a claim in the last game. Bilyaletdinov has looked a bit more confident in recent cameos so I reckon he'll start there.
Arteta continues to underwhelm so maybe there might be a change there. Jagielka should be back form injury so Moyes might have a selection poser as Heitinga has not really done anything wrong in the last couple of games.

In a season of stuttering and starting it's important than we gain some momentum with a couple of difficult games approaching after this. Too often we've failed to take three points from games we should be winning, hopefully this game will buck that trend.

I doubt we'll play 4-4-2 anymore if Pienaar doesn't play. Moyes rightfully won't let Osman play left midfield and I don't think he trusts Bilyaletdinov to give him a whole area of the pitch to play in. So we'll be back to 4-5-1 with either Anichebe or Bilya playing on the left of a five in midfield.

I doubt we'll play 4-4-2 anymore if Pienaar doesn't play. Moyes rightfully won't let Osman play left midfield and I don't think he trusts Bilyaletdinov to give him a whole area of the pitch to play in. So we'll be back to 4-5-1 with either Anichebe or Bilya playing on the left of a five in midfield.

Do you think so mate? I reckon that the ineffectiveness of our strikers playing solo up front will stop Moyes from doing that. If we went 4-5-1 then Beckford certainly won't start. I'd like to see the Russian given a couple of games on the left, he's looks more confident lately. If he doesn't show it by the end of the season then I reckon he'll be on his way.

Do you think so mate? I reckon that the ineffectiveness of our strikers playing solo up front will stop Moyes from doing that. If we went 4-5-1 then Beckford certainly won't start. I'd like to see the Russian given a couple of games on the left, he's looks more confident lately. If he doesn't show it by the end of the season then I reckon he'll be on his way.

He abandoned it today when it clearly wasn't working - Ossie just gets destroyed out there, he doesn't even get to do anything on the ball. If we had Pienaar to play there I think it'd be different, but yeh wouldn't surprise me at all if we reverted back to 4-5-1.

He abandoned it today when it clearly wasn't working - Ossie just gets destroyed out there, he doesn't even get to do anything on the ball. If we had Pienaar to play there I think it'd be different, but yeh wouldn't surprise me at all if we reverted back to 4-5-1.

I thought it didn't work today but against West Ham do you think it's not better to remain with it?

Howard

Neville - Heitinga - Distin - Baines

Coleman - Arteta - Fellaini - Bily

Beckford - Anichebe​

I thought it didn't work today but against West Ham do you think it's not better to remain with it?

I do mate, but then I'd try loads of **** that probably wouldn't work at all, I'm just trying to guess what David Moyes thinks about it.

Beckford/Anichebe just didn't work yesterday. We got the goals only when Anichebe went left midfield and Osman went central.

Therefore, surprisingly, I'm suggesting a 4-5-1 unless a striker comes in this week.

Howard

Coleman - Arteta - Fellaini - Anichebe

Bilyaletdinov

Beckford

Give Bily his natural role as an attacking midfielder, Anichebe for a battering ram on the left to muscle a few out and let Baines overlap. He'll probably go for Osman ahead of Bily though.

Howard

Coleman - Arteta - Fellaini - Bily

Beckford - Anichebe​

this - imo
at home to west ham i think this team would be up for it, spank the hammers and players like bily beckford anichebe would take further confidence and maybe a goal or two from it, plus another game of getting used to playing attacking football, this could be the time for the likes of Vic and Vaughny to do well, still think they could save their everton careers

Well it's finally time for my first game of the season, last game I was at we hammered Hull 5-1 so more of the same please.

Will Saha not be back for next week (if he is injured and not leaving)?

Beckford/Anichebe just didn't work yesterday. We got the goals only when Anichebe went left midfield and Osman went central.

Therefore, surprisingly, I'm suggesting a 4-5-1 unless a striker comes in this week.

Howard

Coleman - Arteta - Fellaini - Anichebe

Bilyaletdinov

Beckford

Give Bily his natural role as an attacking midfielder, Anichebe for a battering ram on the left to muscle a few out and let Baines overlap. He'll probably go for Osman ahead of Bily though.

Tubey hit the nail on the head here. If Saha is still out, this I think is the way to go. I really hope Heitinga does not make a midfield appearance if Jags is back, as I always get a sick feeling when I see that baldy tw*t floating around in the mid field looking bothered to even be there. Bily needs a run. We need to know whether he has got "it' or whether or not he needs to go. Only place confidence can be recovered after a long dry spell is on the pitch, in the thick of the fight.

Tubey hit the nail on the head here. If Saha is still out, this I think is the way to go. I really hope Heitinga does not make a midfield appearance if Jags is back, as I always get a sick feeling when I see that baldy tw*t floating around in the mid field looking bothered to even be there. Bily needs a run. We need to know whether he has got "it' or whether or not he needs to go. Only place confidence can be recovered after a long dry spell is on the pitch, in the thick of the fight.

I agree if Saha is out he may go 4-5-1 but if Saha is fit as poor a midfield as Liverpool have, the Hammers is much worse- it would be such a waste to go with the loan striker when Beckford looks so up for it, so Saha and Beckford or Beckford on his own if Saha doesn't make it for me unless we pull an unlikely signing off this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.