Everton 2-1 Sporting

Status
Not open for further replies.
good shout sharpy (sorry goat)

we took the Mout and Liedson out of the game, just like we did with Belamy and Tevez, and Drogba and Anelka.....i could go on.....

1 mistake. thats it.

:(

That's why I'm so positive (make no mistake I'm disguted we conceded a late goal but still I'm positive we'll make it thru). We took their best players out of the game and we put pressure in their defense, just like we've been doing for the last month and a half or so.

We will be better prepare for the next game as we now know what to expect from some of their best players like Ismaylov, Veloso, Liedson, Moutinho, etc. and they will know about us too but, everyone and their grandma know we'll play long balls and and the only thing they can do about it is make no mistakes on defense, but as we are all human I know they'll make mistakes and hopefully we'll make them pay. Just like we made a mistake and they made us pay in the last minutes.

So we go to Lisbon with a 1 goal advantage, lets hold on to it or better yet ADD to it.

Who affected who, Neville was bad, and so was Donovan. Were they both equally poor or did one affect the other?
What is going on with our set pieces? Beating the first man is essential, £5k fine for every failure to do so could be a step in the right direction.

Can i just add how [Poor language removed] Moutinho was.

We dodged a fukking bullet with that one

BAN HIM FFS

To be fair to Moutinho, he was basically playing as a left midfielder, which is not his favoured position. And he clearly isn't [Poor language removed], not as good as he's hyped up to be, but certainly not [Poor language removed].

He was utter gash, but as you pointed out, he needs to play in the middle, running tings.

I couldn't get to see the match, but got to see highlights some time later.

What a great back heel and finish that was for Pienaars goal.

Distin didn't know too much about the second, an in off and no mistake.

I thought the penalty was for obstruction when I saw it, there was no real malice in the challenge, he just didn't get the ball and caught the player.

Howard goes the wrong way, and they get an away goal.

They still have to win in Portugal, it;s still very much game on for the return, still hopeful we can progress despite that late setback.

Distin had a eventful night anyway. :rolleyes:

I went last night and loved it. Good match, we wern't great but we won. i can see us scoring there.

Another posative for me was Saha and Yak seems to just be started to click as Moyes took off Saha.

In the 1st half was it a pen to us when Saha was taken down at the Park end? i was the otherside and it looked it.

i have a feeling that howard could made that save, or at least make him self big enough that the shot would have gone wide. Timmy's good at doing that. oh well, we won, im happy, bring on those devils!

two poor teams on the pitch last night, good job they were worse than us, they were literally sh1tting it when we put them under pressure in their last 3rd, just cant understand why we didnt go for them a bit more. We could of and should of really got at them. Oh well I reckon we could get a result next week, but then I bet they will be thinking the same.

Going to mention Yak, ok he's had an injury and is getting his fitness up, but how bad does he look when running, in fact it looks like he's waddling like a duck, and I'm sure he's carrying more weight than Beattie was, anyway yak get ure arse in gear and shed some of those kilo's.

Going to mention Yak, ok he's had an injury and is getting his fitness up, but how bad does he look when running, in fact it looks like he's waddling like a duck, and I'm sure he's carrying more weight than Beattie was, anyway yak get ure arse in gear and shed some of those kilo's.

Waddled fast enough to out pace thier defender and force a finger tip save from a keeper who had a good game.I thought he looked sharper then he has for a while!

in fairness to Moutinho, it's not fair to judge someone based on one game

I wonder if he was brilliant yesterday and had 2 goals if everyone would have been hi-5ing GOAT

What the hell was Sylvan Dustbin doing?? You wouldn't see that in pub football.

Moyesy wouldn't be signing these 3rd rate players if he had been given decent transfer funds by our excuse for a 'chairman'.

Time he did one and took his excuses and embarrassing soundbites with him.

Did you just attribute the defeat to Kenwright? Wait there, you did! Well done.

What frustrated me was that we shouldn't have even needed to do that. At 2-0, we seemed to give up, be content - rather than go for the jugular. Moyes admitted so in his post match interview, work ethic seemed to go out the window. Or his words "We decided to conserve energy...."

Make no mistake, the return leg is their biggest game of the season. Expect a completely different Sporting Lisbon. It'll take one of our better performances to go through.

Exactly. And let's be honest, were [Poor language removed] at dealing with teams that play quick one touch football.

Not confident at all, and we only have ourselves to blame.

And Kenwright natch.

We need to get our midfield working again badly.

No soon as we get 2 or 3 midfielders back, we lose some.

Bily is having a mare, and should be kept on untill he plays himself out of it. £9+ million to be sat on the bench is plain stupid.
Put him in the reserves, or play him, but he'll not get his confidence on the bench, and with 2 midfielders in Mo and Cahill out, we might as well do it now.

Yesterday, they got into our box far too regularly.

Is it because we are missing big Mo?
Is it because Nev was at right back?
Is it because we defend too deep?

Needs to be fixed.

One good thing.
Lisbon should seem a lot easier after playing against our long lost balding one at the weekend.

I don't.

Sporting played like crap and there is no motivation a no leader on the bench.

And so did Everton, if we look at the lack of killer instinct.

Meant to ask you how it felt for you, it must have felt weird mate?

I think Sporting will take a lot of heart that they played so bad yet got a good results. You could see the confidence start happening when they moved the ball about playing nice one touch football and Everton didn't like it.

Different game in Lisbon fella. You going?

Status
Not open for further replies.