Everton 2-1 Sporting

Status
Not open for further replies.
I thought we good for some of the game, when we got the ball down and passed, thought Ossie was fantastic in the centre and he really helped with the passing around.

Should have won by 4-5 and we let them back in, we're our own worst enemy sometimes, very frustrating.

I think both sides were poor and i reckon we will draw out there and go through.
Best players for me were osman,baines,cahill and yobo.
Yet again neville was [Poor language removed] he needs to sort his game out dont know what has happened to him

What the hell was Sylvan Dustbin doing?? You wouldn't see that in pub football.

Moyesy wouldn't be signing these 3rd rate players if he had been given decent transfer funds by our excuse for a 'chairman'.

Time he did one and took his excuses and embarrassing soundbites with him.

v.bookie...... 100 on a very short stay for this guy please.

go to the shareholders meeting if you have a prob. with the board mate, no wonder the place is like a morgue 1/2 the time, i thought that rumble was seats going up as people stand, it's all the grumblers saying "oh no, we might score and win, we'll ne'r get rid"

We can play better then that showed them far to much respect!We can get a draw there ,We need a goal , hit them on the counter ,again they´ve not been great at home this season .What the fck was Rodwell thinking?Blasted it a Distan!Ok Distan should have delt with it but there was no need for Rodwell to pass it back in the first place!
We never make it easy on ourselves!Still think we´ll go throughlLets hope another 6000 go out to Lisbon!!COYBB

I thought Miguel Veloso played well, seemed to orchestrate things well in the middle of the park. Moving into pockets of space, always looking for the ball and his distribution was intelligent.

I know he struggles with consistency, but he's definitely a player we need to look out for in the second leg. Yannick Djalo also looked very bright when he came on, he surprised me a bit, but he was outrunning a knackered looking Mikel Arteta and a piss poor Phil Neville.

As for us, Leon Osman gave us another good performance in the middle of the park, we all know about his quick feet and intelligence, but there's also a real tempo to his play and he's winning alot of tackles and harrying the opposition. Arsenal, Chelsea and Sporting - he's playing like I always thought he would given a run of games in this position.

Watched through the web. We looked special at times , but time again the last 15mins in game we seem to stop playing, It was a lazy ball from Rodwell which put Distin in trouble.
At times though they looked impressive , but we can take them. But we can't let them dictate the play, their passing game could murder us.
Overall a bit disappointed about the scoreline , but the performance was good, and did I see the Yak actually chase the ball a couple of times?

Ofcourse, and I stand by it, performance is a very important thing for me. Alot of fans put short term results over the long term plan, in other words, what type of future we are heading for.

I want to see us playing a certain style of football, it's a must if we want to progress as a football club. And I wouldn't call it beautiful either, just basic stuff, Pass and make yourself available.

That's true.

There was one bit last night when Neville had the ball and could've passed it inside to Donovan but didnt and wanted him to run down the wing. Then he passed it to nobody...

Just pass it to a blue shirt and be paitient. We are too high tempo sometimes...its how Benfica did us at home.

Cannot understand why there's so many people thinking we'll get battered at Lisbon. Yes they'll be home, and yes they have some very talented players, but we are on better form and we got some very good players also.

And the odds are in our favor. They can only advance if tehy beat us 1-0 or if they beat us by 2 goals or more. thats it. We win = we advance, a draw = we advance, even if we lose 2-3 or 3-4 = we advance.

All we need to do is score atleast 1 goal and play solid defense. we need to attack them, test their CBs with corners, freekicks and crosses and most importantly keep possession. We do that we win. And we are more than capable of doing it. Some of you are treating Sporting like they where Chelsea, Arsenal or Man Utd playing at home. They are on bad form and I think we will be up to tha task for the 2nd leg.

Cannot understand why there's so many people thinking we'll get battered at Lisbon. Yes they'll be home, and yes they have some very talented players, but we are on better form and we got some very good players also.

And the odds are in our favor. They can only advance if tehy beat us 1-0 or if they beat us by 2 goals or more. thats it. We win = we advance, a draw = we advance, even if we lose 2-3 or 3-4 = we advance.

All we need to do is score atleast 1 goal and play solid defense. we need to attack them, test their CBs with corners, freekicks and crosses and most importantly keep possession. We do that we win. And we are more than capable of doing it. Some of you are treating Sporting like they where Chelsea, Arsenal or Man Utd playing at home. They are on bad form and I think we will be up to tha task for the 2nd leg.

This!!!!!;)

What frustrated me was that we shouldn't have even needed to do that. At 2-0, we seemed to give up, be content - rather than go for the jugular. Moyes admitted so in his post match interview, work ethic seemed to go out the window. Or his words "We decided to conserve energy...."

Make no mistake, the return leg is their biggest game of the season. Expect a completely different Sporting Lisbon. It'll take one of our better performances to go through.

It´s also the biggest game of our season and we have to be up for it ,they are going to go for it .We have to defend well and take our chances we can do it ,they are not as good as all that .

To be fair to Moutinho, he was basically playing as a left midfielder, which is not his favoured position. And he clearly isn't [Poor language removed], not as good as he's hyped up to be, but certainly not [Poor language removed].

Can i just add how [Poor language removed] Moutinho was.

We dodged a fukking bullet with that one

good shout sharpy (sorry goat)

we took the Mout and Liedson out of the game, just like we did with Belamy and Tevez, and Drogba and Anelka.....i could go on.....

1 mistake. thats it.

:(

Status
Not open for further replies.