Everton 2-1 Sporting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Horrible performance, not even looking at the mistakes for the goal, we only looked comfortable for about 25 minutes of the whole game. Constantly losing possession, no movement and no ambition - we sat back on a 2-0 lead when we could've killed the game off there and then.

Sporting have a massive chance now, they are a better footballing side than we are and a defence without Heitinga/Jagielka is vulnerable. Luckily for us, they are also poor in defence. It's in the balance, I'm not confident at all. Hopefully they prove me wrong.

Agree with Toxteth. Personally think we'll look back on Distin/Rodwells calamity costing us the tie.

To say they'll be a different proposition at home is an understatement.

Disappointing. The last 16 was put on the plate for us tonight, and we didn't take it. Moyes is fuming, and rightly so.

It goes both ways, mates.

Second goal is ridiculous, isn't it?

Everton should have killed the match against a very very poor Sporting footballing side.

Conceded a stupid goal and now everything is in the open.

Personally, I think Everton will go through. Sporting is just shadow of what these players can do. Poor attitude and especially, poor manager.

Agree with Toxteth. Personally think we'll look back on Distin/Rodwells calamity costing us the tie.

To say they'll be a different proposition at home is an understatement.

Disappointing. The last 16 was put on the plate for us tonight, and we didn't take it. Moyes is fuming, and rightly so.

Well it's just typical isn't it? We had loads of chances tonight to put it beyond doubt. Too many players were having off days, but we do seem to be missing one vital fact in all of our posts. We won the tie. We go to Lisbon and score, which we are capable of doing, and they have to score 3 times to win the tie outright.

Horrible performance, not even looking at the mistakes for the goal, we only looked comfortable for about 25 minutes of the whole game. Constantly losing possession, no movement and no ambition - we sat back on a 2-0 lead when we could've killed the game off there and then.

Sporting have a massive chance now, they are a better footballing side than we are and a defence without Heitinga/Jagielka is vulnerable. Luckily for us, they are also poor in defence. It's in the balance, I'm not confident at all. Hopefully they prove me wrong.

I wouldnt say they were THAT good a footballing side.

They had a few chances but we broke up and won the ball from them fairly easily. Ossie and even Baines waltzed right through them plenty of times....

We just looked a lazy and lacking in ideas sometimes. Didnt keep hold of the ball.

Well our short game was shocking. Easy passes seem to flick off a shin or go 5 yards off target.

When I was at school I could find a player from 40 yards, no word of a lie - straight to their feet. We seem to **** up the basics after excelling at the fancy [Poor language removed].

Sporting is in a low point. These players have proved themselves against stronger opposition.

But right now, the momentum is not going their way.

Technicaly they are better then us, but you expect that in European compititon an overall mature performence - despite the obvious. I think we have an advantage, im pretty sure we will score away there defence was dire.

Sporting have been massively poor all season.

Fellaini;) Mout(n)

Last edited:
Sporting is in a low point. These players have proved themselves against stronger opposition.

But right now, the momentum is not going their way.

They do seem a team low on form.

Subbing your key player and captain Moutinho who had a piss poor game and Matias Fernandez (who I think is a class players too) for some youth players (they were young werent they?)...didnt seem good for a team boost.

They do seem a team low on form.

Subbing your key player and captain Moutinho who had a piss poor game and Matias Fernandez (who I think is a class players too) for some youth players (they were young werent they?)...didnt seem good for a team boost.

Worse than that, they're not just young, they're shoite.

Moutinho played out of position. You clearly don't believe DM would table a bid of 15M for THIS Moutinho, do you?

As a fairly new poster here, I have to say I am stunned by the response to this game. Yes that was a stupid way to give up a goal.

But Everton dominated that game. Sporting didn't look strong at all--just the occasional combination. The only player who looked good for Sporting was their keeper at the outset. Meanwhile, Cahill looked good, Pienaar looked good, Osman looked good, etc.

And that was still a win. Why is everyone heading for the razor blades?

Everton is just a much stronger side. You guys do root for this team, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.