Everton 1 Watford 0 Report and MotM Poll

Blues Man of the Match...

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

jackyboy

Player Valuation: £35m
Well Blues, as another season at Goodison draws to a close it was at least nice to finish with three points!

Everton brought back the Gallic Prince to peacock around the middle, whilst Robles got a go in goal after Stekelenberg suddenly being "injured" after last weeks mindless showing.

After being at Watford for "that game" earlier this season, a few of their cosmopolitan names brough back memories akin to a flashback from 'Nam. Namely Okaka who I don't think has scored since.

Everton actually started quite brightly with some quick passing, right up until we reached the final third. When of course the move would break down and Prodl would attempt to toey the ball to Speke.

Barkley should have scored, then Jagielka and then Tom Davies. Halftime was approaching and I can't imagine Koeman was happy (if he ever is). It really did have the feeling of one of then friendly matches that noone is sure why they have turned up, like a wedding of someone you don't like.

HT

Holgate was brought off for what seems like the 134th game in a row. He always seems to have tbe whole of the right side to himself, only to find various ways to banjo it into the first defender. Excellent defender but Coleman he ain't.

We finally got the goal by who else but Barkley, good run through the middle and a skidding finish past Gomes. Cue some people around me saying "that's why we need to keep him" and others "it's only a friendly". Who knows, but if he does go I really think we could come out of it stronger. A good player yes, but one player does not a club make. Just happy there is no more mollycoddling if I'm honest.

The rest of the match kind of faded into a blur after that, Okaka probably should have bagged before Valencia definitely should have bagged.

1-0 it ended and whatever your thoughts on Barkley/Koeman/Lukaku/Elstone/Changy, it was good to finish with a win.

MOTM - Gueye. The lad just doesn't stop.

Three from me.

Valencia - Yay or nay?

Nice to see Robles giving the mini pitch invader a high five.

Great support from us for Aaron Lennon. Done with class as always.

Enjoy your summer, Blues. It's going to be a big one.

Thanks for reading.

Jackyboy

Watford provided modest but physical opposition. Koeman's change at half time injected enough pace into the team to create the goal.

Some good approach play, but Gueye was influential as ever.

It's certainly been a good season at Goodison. Good luck to those we won't see playing for us again.

I could have gone Ross, Gana or Morgan but settled for Tom Davies because of the way he took over at right back in the second half almost as if that was his natural position. An all rounder in cricket terms, and hey we are in the cricket season already right?

Status
Not open for further replies.