Everton 0-1 Chelsea 23rd Jan 20:00

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that chelsea was the better team. They deserve to be in the final. But that said, i´m still sad, we had the chance and we should have taken it.

Well, as said before, lets win the UEFA-cup instead...

He had all of 12 mins - bit harsh!

I agree with you, in fact I though he did pretty well he hold up the ball pretty well and his movement is sharp, I feel he would have done better against Alex than AJ did, I think in ball control department AJ is not as good as he is.

It was a wrong formation right from the beginning, with us having to score at least a goal we should be playing two upfront, our selection was somehow wrong as well, as many time throughout the match the middle was empty and has alot of Chelsea player, no point of the 5 man midfield if they are not winning anything from the middle.

i've read alot of comments about the atmosphere? i was watching in the pub and i didn't hear much from either fans but apparently chelsea were alot louder.
was it actually like that or just where the sky microphones were?

Gladys street was rocking all night mate, atmosphere was the best I'd ever experienced at goodison (Ive only been a handful of times though).

I agree with you, in fact I though he did pretty well he hold up the ball pretty well and his movement is sharp, I feel he would have done better against Alex than AJ did, I think in ball control department AJ is not as good as he is.

It was a wrong formation right from the beginning, with us having to score at least a goal we should be playing two upfront, our selection was somehow wrong as well, as many time throughout the match the middle was empty and has alot of Chelsea player, no point of the 5 man midfield if they are not winning anything from the middle.

Remeber it was more like a 4-1-3-1-1 Formation. Cahill Playing AM, so it is almost like 2 up-front. Cahill just was ineffective last night.

I thought Johnson was effectively neutralised throughout the whole game.

It wasn't until Anichebe was pulling defenders away and Vaughan was pinning the full backs down that Johnson started to look more threatening.

I said before the game that we need someone with height on that pitch from the get go, and lo and behold he plays Johnson against some of the best defenders in the world and the tallest keeper I've ever given the fingers too.

Hard to blame Johnson for his performance, he really tried, and for the scraps he was getting he didn't do too badly. The final ball in to him was usually cut out or 90% of the time fairly poor.
I don't want to blame Moyes for his team selection up front because it could have worked if Chelsea hadn't anticipated it, but I would have liked him to go with his head and play Anichebe/Vaughan up front instead of Johnson.

Spilt milk and that though

I'm disappointed but not gutted because we played okay and Chelsea plyed better. Simple really.They won because they were the better team and perhaps had the rub of the green but I can hold my head up high. We were okay and we did well to reach this far.

I take from it the team we now have, and the performance for about 65 minutes in total throughout the game, of that team against what is arguably the most expensive set of players in the world with some really talented individuals.

We have outplayed Arsenal this season, a team known for their flair at times and precision on the ball. We managed to reduce them to a team of kickers and hoofers.

We are 4th in the table.
We are in the last 32 of the UEFA cup.
We have a squad clicking well, full of really talented players most of whom are about to hit their prime footballing years.
The best young manager in the game.
A board and chairman that backs the manager and believes in the club.
Clear improvement year on year that is backed by stats.
Joleon Lescott.

So yeah, gutted to the point of 'sleep in all day' if I was able but some really positive points about our club today that I am happy to see and proud to shout about.

As Moyes says, we are almost there. Just need to fine tune and find that missing part of the puzzle that will complete the team. Once that is in place, we will be a top4 side year in and out.

Focus on the positives and the rest just fades away :)

Sorry to go off topic, but Ichigo, your user title....John Belushi from Blues Brothers? The restaurant scene where they try to convince Mr.Fabulous to rejoin the band?

Chelsea was the better team last night.

Still I came away with some good feelings from our display. Jags did fine again. Arteta was his usual self and I watched Fernandes with great interest he passed very well but didn't want to keep the ball much.

Sad about the result but overall I'm happy we had the opportunity to compete in the semis. Perhaps next time it will be better.;)

I only got to see the highlights on EvertonTV just now. From the 20 minutes shown, the only reason we are not in the final and Chelsea is, is Petr Cech. We carved them open several times only to be defeated by some superb goalkeeping (positioning and reaction saves). Not sure who went on about him handling outside of the area a la Turner, he didn't, he controlled it, and flicked it back up to himself as he stepped back inside his are before catching it. I think that is the mark of a supremely confident keeper.

Joe Cole's goal was really a masterpiece. The control and then shot, perfectly placed, on the run beyond Howard's reach. Something else.

Status
Not open for further replies.