Match Thread Everton 0-0 Liverpool - Preview, Match Report and MotM Poll

Everton Man of the Match

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If richarlison squares that ball to iwobi 8yards out with 5 mins left we win the game. But no, the one man show tries to shoot from an acute angle with no chance of scoring. Greedy s**t. I was tearing my hair out.

Gordon really disappointed me tonight. I know he's young but I didn't see much to be hopeful about. lacks drive and devilment. Needs to show a bit more passion.

Iwobi Looked like a nothing player again. Digne wasn't great either. gomes was lacklustre.Calvert lewin was fairly anonymous and richarlison can't seem to make the ball stick when it's passed up to him. Coleman and davis were the only 2 notables for me, although davis tired at the end. Keane was decent too.

Mike Dean was determined to see Alexander Arnold score a free kick tonight. Any challenge around the box was blown up for a free, even though they were all fair tackles. He's a kopite and shouldn't be allowed to ref another derby again.

Overall, we defended well, but our failings were there for all to see. We couldn't string more than 4 passes together at any stage. No conviction in our passing and poor first touches compared to the RS. Honestly, we're MILES behind them yet with less greed (richy), and better luck (davis), we could have undeservedly snatched a win.

We need players with better passing ability, better control and more mobility, and that's been obvious for years now.

Sky Sports coverage was a biased disgrace. Before the game, during half time
analysis and full time analysis, you wouldn't even know we were playing at home. A couple of neutral friends emphasized this. It's mad!

I stand by what I've being saying for years, a certain type of person supports that sham club!

Thinking about it, if the fa hadn't changed the rules they'd have been screwed,
First game back, two injuries, the second of which came after their last sub...
Would of played most of the second half with then men...
A rule change intended to benefit clubs with big squads, with lots of depth. During the course of the game they changed 5 outfield players, half the team in effect. That is not the football I know.

Sky Sports coverage was a biased disgrace. Before the game, during half time
analysis and full time analysis, you wouldn't even know we were playing at home. A couple of neutral friends emphasized this. It's mad
More fool you for expecting anything but an all out full blown love in for the vermin. It was never going to be anything else

But not surprising with Tom Bloody Davies
Clearly you're thick, so can you post less please.
nobhead.JPG

Thinking about it, if the fa hadn't changed the rules they'd have been screwed,
First game back, two injuries, the second of which came after their last sub...
Would of played most of the second half with then men...
The rule change just because of a 3 month break is an absolute joke. Squads are there to allow players to have a rest and be subbed when they get an injury. The proper rules would be just fine to see the season out. I know teams are playing every 3 or 4 days but it's only for 9 games. If a Premier league squad can't get through 9 games after a 3 month layoff then they deserve to lose.

It wasn't pretty to watch, at times it was frustrating to watch the 2 banks of 4 so close together in our own half, with the 2 strikers really feeding off scraps. But we nullified them and the concentration levels were excellent, everyone did their job. They will point to the possession stats as though that's the most important thing, but I think we created the better chances.
I think Anthony Gordon looked out of his depth, it was tough for him, everytime he got the ball there were two of them on him.
I still think the ref is a kopite, both his kids have season tickets, I think he just made a professional decision to say he's a Tranmere fan, so he could ref at the highest level. He gave them 3 free kicks near our box that were dubious and let go a number of fouls on Richarlison

It wasn't pretty to watch, at times it was frustrating to watch the 2 banks of 4 so close together in our own half, with the 2 strikers really feeding off scraps. But we nullified them and the concentration levels were excellent, everyone did their job. They will point to the possession stats as though that's the most important thing, but I think we created the better chances.
I think Anthony Gordon looked out of his depth, it was tough for him, everytime he got the ball there were two of them on him.
I still think the ref is a kopite, both his kids have season tickets, I think he just made a professional decision to say he's a Tranmere fan, so he could ref at the highest level. He gave them 3 free kicks near our box that were dubious and let go a number of fouls on Richarlison
Loved it - was peak Moyes!

lol

More fool you for expecting anything but an all out full blown love in for the vermin. It was never going to be anything else

Thing is lad, I was expecting it and I was delighted Sky didn't let me (everyone obviously) down. If Sky, et al. think they're cute about this stuff, then they're....

Status
Not open for further replies.