Europa League

Status
Not open for further replies.
No way in a million years the start up again in April. And it’s not about just behind closed doors.
Fans will turn up, look at PSG the other night.

And do the players have a mini pre-season, what about the people at finch farm, who do the cooking, cleaning, preparing the pitches. I suppose fist game back at goodison. Ancelotti will have the keys and turn all the lights on.

You’re living in dreamland
Erm ok I’m living in dreamland

I sort of got your point as being because we finished 8th last season would that get us a Europa league place next season if this season is jibbed all together?
Yes not really a difficult question. And I didnt think someone from UEFA would be on the forum to give me a definite answer. Just wondering what others fans thought.

@MarcelsGoat saying definitely not us because we are 12th. So do they give 5th place to Utd, when sheff Utd can say they’ve got a game in Hand and would be 5th if they won. So it’s a big can of worms.
I haven’t a clue myself how it will get sorted, was just throwing it out there to see what others thought.

No European or International football wil be taking place next season.

If you want to be super optimistic there will be a streaming service for top flight domestic games all played behind closed doors.

Personally I think the next season will be cancelled and after that it is a lottery to what year the next season will be played, if ever.

The premier league are having an emergency meeting on Thursday. At this meeting they will discuss possible options available with all the representatives of the league clubs. I believe that if a majority of the 14 clubs decide that they want to resume the season in April then that is what will happen.

mikel Arteta recently came out and said that he would have plodded on as normal despite being infected and he felt fine.

I’m no expert but it seems very likely that the league will decide to resume games but all matches will be behind closed doors until the end of the season

Ace, made up for him. Not so made up for the elderly and vulnerable people in his life that he could have infected and probably killed, including family members and fellow manager Roy Hodgson.

Ace, made up for him. Not so made up for the elderly and vulnerable people in his life that he could have infected and probably killed, including family members and fellow manager Roy Hodgson.

I'm not sure that's his point. I expect his point is that he felt fine, and had he not have been tested cause of contact with Olympiakos then he wouldve just carried on none the wiser. I see it as more of a warning than a brag.

Status
Not open for further replies.