Europa League

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes Mate, but some people can’t get their heads around it, wish I’d never asked now.
Welcome to GOT.

If City's ban is upheld, and the season voided then maybe. I think City will overturn the ban as I can't see the apertite to fight them from UEFA and they're the masters of a compromise deal when it suits them.

If the ban is upheld then they'd probably award it to the team with highest UEFA coefficient so again we'd miss out (unless by some miracle that is us of course).

And you never know, this coronavirus might pass over quickly with little effect and it's up to us to do what we can this season. This option would be the best but I don't see it happening unfortunately.

I'm not sure that's his point. I expect his point is that he felt fine, and had he not have been tested cause of contact with Olympiakos then he wouldve just carried on none the wiser. I see it as more of a warning than a brag.

He's arguing the case for the season resuming in April mate.

They certainly dont give a place to the team in 12th thats for sure.
If the league is voided we are not in 12th. We are 8th on the last valid standings.

Not saying we deserve Europa for that if city ban held up but the point of a void season is nothing that happened counts so you have to go back to last valid season.

If there's ever a season to not want to be in Europe with the current circumstances its this one. If we were to finish in that last position and have three rounds of qualifiers currently scheduled for July/August with all the uncertainty it just wouldn't be feasible or beneficial for anyone.

If there's ever a season to not want to be in Europe with the current circumstances its this one. If we were to finish in that last position and have three rounds of qualifiers currently scheduled for July/August with all the uncertainty it just wouldn't be feasible or beneficial for anyone.

Id imagine Id were staring down the barrel of a delayed season, UEFA. Would surely look to bring in the Europa Conference League a season early to reduce congestion, surely?

Have one off play offs for Europe. 12th v 11th 10th v 9th two winners play 8th and 7th away. Leaving two winners who play each other for Europe

We can watch EFC play every day for 2 weeks. Cant wait

The premier league are having an emergency meeting on Thursday. At this meeting they will discuss possible options available with all the representatives of the league clubs. I believe that if a majority of the 14 clubs decide that they want to resume the season in April then that is what will happen.

mikel Arteta recently came out and said that he would have plodded on as normal despite being infected and he felt fine.

I’m no expert but it seems very likely that the league will decide to resume games but all matches will be behind closed doors until the end of the season

Idiot, what are the people around him.

No way in a million years the start up again in April. And it’s not about just behind closed doors.
Fans will turn up, look at PSG the other night.

And do the players have a mini pre-season, what about the people at finch farm, who do the cooking, cleaning, preparing the pitches. I suppose fist game back at goodison. Ancelotti will have the keys and turn all the lights on.

You’re living in dreamland

What happened?

Welcome to GOT.

If City's ban is upheld, and the season voided then maybe. I think City will overturn the ban as I can't see the apertite to fight them from UEFA and they're the masters of a compromise deal when it suits them.

If the ban is upheld then they'd probably award it to the team with highest UEFA coefficient so again we'd miss out (unless by some miracle that is us of course).

And you never know, this coronavirus might pass over quickly with little effect and it's up to us to do what we can this season. This option would be the best but I don't see it happening unfortunately.
Current Coefficient Rankings:
AA385267-8948-4841-81F1-C4DDC27C66C9.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.