Europa League

Status
Not open for further replies.
Europa league is only a season killer if you have a manager that isn’t cut out for it

We do a great job of botching our seasons without the Europa league also. The one time we went at it with a decent manager and a proper squad we could have won it. All the other times we’ve approached it woefully under prepared with managers who have swiftly been fired. Even under Martinez though we gave it a decent go.

There’s no doubt in my mind if we qualified that Carlo could steer us out of the group and then we would be a completely different animal over a two legged tie than we ever have been under Martinez or Moyes.

So you’re saying in the Koeman/Allardyce season, even though it was garbage we would’ve finished 60+ points if we weren’t in Europe helping us to finish 7th and get into Europe for last season!? Sorry, not buying that

No of course im not. That is a ridiculous arguement.

What I am saying though is, if you look at the data and how teams struggle, particularly while playing later Qualifiers and early group games, teams consistently drop PL points & it would be an anomaly (Granted not guaranteed) if the same didn't happen to Carlo's team.

I would be delighted if we qualified and no team should shun Europe, but in the long term I would argue we could get top 4 the year after without it. With Europa league next season, the prospect of finishing top 4 is statistically very very unlikely

Lol imagine not wanting Everton in Europe...

Every single person who thinks like this must be an armchair supporter (and of course only a small minority of them).

There isn't a single Evertonian who was at the likes of Nuremberg or Wolfsburg, or who would definitely travel to watch Everton on the continent in future, who would think similarly.
I was at both fortunately and Alkmaar. All highlights of following us recently

IF Man City lose their FFP case/appeal in March, and IF they get lobbed out of Europe next season, 5th will get you CL. Assuming City finish top 4.

edit. Heard that a few days ago, so might be old news. Also, I assume that would make the EL easier as well.

Man City banned from europe for 2 seasons - 5th get Champions League?...
Fifth place could qualify for Champions League
If Manchester City finish in the top four and their ban is upheld by CAS, it would mean a Champions League place would go to the team who finish fifth in the Premier League.
UEFA rule 4.08 states: "A club which is not admitted to the competition is replaced by the next best-placed club in the top domestic championship of the same association, provided the new club fulfils the admission criteria. In this case, the access list (see Annex A) is adjusted accordingly."

Villa will now qualify for the Europa league, cat among the pigeons there
Are you sure,would it not just push it down a place still via league providing city win cup-would have gone down to 6th 100% if city had won and been in euro places via the league already so would go down 1 more place-villa still need to win cup to be in euro cup

Last edited:
Villa will now qualify for the Europa league, cat among the pigeons there
Villa havent won the cup. If they did, yes, they would have anyway. If Man City win it, and the ban is upheld, that means 6th and 7th now are EL spots, and potentially 8th depending on the other cup winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.