Europa League

Status
Not open for further replies.
all for it. our injured will be healthy(hopefully) and we can give some of the young players more experience. additional revenue would be swell as well.

The long and short of it is we need to avoid those daft qualifying rounds that make your season start in June or the like. Get 5th or, better yet, Champions League. The league is absolute cack this year, why can't we have nice things?
No we need them. Our pre season's have been non existent. Our last 3/4 season's starts have been garbage. Would be nice to have a proper pre season

I think with our current financial situation Europe next year would be a bit of a burden as we’d need to bring a lot in. I think the season after would be optimal but I wouldn’t complain too much if we scraped it this season.

Forgetting the players who would join us knowing ancelotti was their manager and they had European football to play?

Europa League is bigger than a cup competition for us next season. It's the market that ancelotti could walk into a relegation fighting team, turn them around and get them into Europe within 5 months. Why wouldn't you take a step down to play for one of the top managers on the game if he can achieve that so quickly?

We get Europa and next season isn't a slog, it's the turnaround we have been waiting for

4th is definitely on. We play all the teams above us. There is nothing to fear from any of them. We beat Chelsea 3-1 at Goodison with Ferguson in charge. We can beat them at their place with Ancelotti. We have to play Man Utd at home - We beat them 4-0 last season - with Silva in charge. We are better than that now, and they have gone downhill. We also have Wolves, who are wrapped up with the Europa League. We will also beat Liverpool, who in turn will beat the teams above us. Even when we play Arsenal away, they have a Europa League game on the Thursday before.

We are getting better with each game. We will also have Gomez back in the side. This will make a difference.

It's definitely on - The best managers always finish at the top.

Forgetting the players who would join us knowing ancelotti was their manager and they had European football to play?

Europa League is bigger than a cup competition for us next season. It's the market that ancelotti could walk into a relegation fighting team, turn them around and get them into Europe within 5 months. Why wouldn't you take a step down to play for one of the top managers on the game if he can achieve that so quickly?

We get Europa and next season isn't a slog, it's the turnaround we have been waiting for

Weve got to be qualifying for Europe regularly and being competitive in the knockout stages. Once we are in the rhythm we will have built a squad good enough to rotate to cope with the pressure. We can build on that and go for champions league.

I’m saying we are on the verge of breaking some financial rules (if we haven’t already) and bringing in the players we need to be competitive in both the league and Europe is going to be expensive. Obviously I’d like to see us qualify but I’d be happy to postpone it for a year if it means avoiding getting punished by the authorities

Well I must be 'a bit weird' and I'll tell you why, the team we have at present isn't good enough, simply fact. I'm clearly aware of the claimed financial benefits no matter how small it is but failure, especially abject failure like we had last time, can wreck any potential improvement in the squad, being heavily beaten by no mark sides is extremely demoralising not just to the players but to us fans. Ancelotti is a miracle worker but expecting this squad to excel abroad stretches incredulity to its very limits. When we qualify, and we will, I want a team of strong characters playing persistent top notch football without a defence that is meltdown prone as happened against Newcastle and nearly repeated itself again today. Lets keep our feet on the ground and retain achievable expectations such as the Champions League in two seasons time and stuff the embarrassingly stupid Europa league.

You are weird Monty, wonderful, but weird with it.

We might skip finishing fifth to seventh for one or two seasons to end up in the top four the season after, but, chances are, we'll finish in a Europa spot before we finish in a Champions League spot.

We might have a poor run in the Europa which knocks us back a bit, but, if we qualified for the Champions League, we'd be even more likely to have a poor run in Europe ... which knocks us back.

But, qualifying, and playing in the Europa might also be a decent stepping stone towards playing in the Champions League, and I reckon anyone who can't see that, and would rather skip European nights for a season or two, is a bit weird.

If you don’t want Europa league then don’t go the Thursday nights and stick to games like today. Simple.
We ain’t winning the league, we could win the EL.
Carlo wants it, if the players want it time will tell. If Carlo wants it that’s good enough for ne
Why any Evertonian wouldn’t want yo watch their team twice is a week is beyond me. I mean are you their carer? They are paid to play so play.

Status
Not open for further replies.