Europa League

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is potential to play and beat some big teams in the Europa League, with Ancelotti as our manager, a run towards the final would be great for the club in intangible ways too, we could beat some notable teams like AC Milan or Dortmund or Lyon or Marseille for example. It's absurd that the club and media and our previous managers have constantly been talking about top 6 for about 5 years and yet supporters would hope we don't qualify! Imagine Richarlison or some new flashy signings going to one of these stadiums and scoring a hat-trick. It would give the whole club a lift, Ancelotti a lift, just cos Koeman wasn't bothered doesn't mean Ancelotti won't be.

I'd love us to get Tenerife Away. Imagine 10,000 of us in Tenerife :celebrate::celebrate:

Don't want it next season. We need to prioritize trimming the squad and cleaning out the dross: Siggy, Schneis, Tosun, Coleman, Keane and all the other "senior" players who don't play. Add 2-3 starters (CM, RM, Defender) and let the squad gel together without the added pressure of a congested and early schedule.

Badly needed

Win the Europa League and your in the cl.
Our European coefficient is absolutely dire.
We are 87th which means we get out in.the bottom pots and get tough groups.

If we ever did make the cl we would get 2 hard teams.
Looking forward to the parade
Just hope lads don’t smash the bus up.
A bit of a history with that type of carry on in parts of Liverpool

But we don't even seem to bother trying to win the domestic cups.

Granted, but if there are people at Everton who think cups (and Europa League) are fair play to be written off, then its a poisonous attitude. I'd be amazed if this was shared by Ancelotti, a serial winner. We are hardly in a position to turn our noses up at anything offering a chance to win silverware.

Spurs were a great example in using the Europa League as a preparation and foretaste for bigger things. I'm sure they would have liked to win it, but even though they didn't it served more than a useful purpose.

We won't raise the standard of the squad and the experience levels of the players, by looking for credible excuses to hide from competing and make it sound (and I'm not atttribing the same attitude to you, at all) like having less games is a virtue in itself.

I get the concerns about impact on the squad but that should be looked upon as a challenge to be risen to.

The more games we have, the more successful in relative terms, and by definition, we become. Success should breed success.

Granted, but if there are people at Everton who think cups (and Europa League) are fair play to be written off, then its a poisonous attitude. I'd be amazed if this was shared by Ancelotti, a serial winner. We are hardly in a position to turn our noses up at anything offering a chance to win silverware.

Spurs were a great example in using the Europa League as a preparation and foretaste for bigger things. I'm sure they would have liked to win it, but even though they didn't it served more than a useful purpose.

We won't raise the standard of the squad and the experience levels of the players, by looking for credible excuses to hide from competing and make it sound (and I'm not atttribing the same attitude to you, at all) like having less games is a virtue in itself.

I get the concerns about impact on the squad but that should be looked upon as a challenge to be risen to.

The more games we have, the more successful in relative terms, and by definition, we become. Success should breed success.
Totally agree but one note of caution. We suffered possibly our most embarrassing Cup defeat on Ancelotti’s watch.

Would love to be a part of Europa, would be nicer to have some games within driving distance for me (currently living in Switzerland). Can't be travelling 1000miles home every weekend. It was awesome to have a couple of friendlies on my doorstep in the summer, hope they come back again this year.

Next 7 fixtures going to be tough

A Arsenal
H Man U
A Chelsea
H Liverpool
A Norwich
H Leicester
A Spurs
Every game is only as tough as you make it,not sure how we will go but fancy us v man utd, and that Leicester game falls on the weekend of the grand national which a weird stat says we have won every home game the weekend of the grand national for last 12/13 times when home-think it was arsenal last year-anyway we have done well from were we were 1st week december to go from 3rd bottom to hopefully 1 point off 5th after today

Status
Not open for further replies.