Europa League

Status
Not open for further replies.
Scrape a result against Arsenal? They are rubbish lad i'll be feumin if we don't at least draw with them.

Not a day goes by where I don't think about that home game against them and how much of a missed opportunity it was. The absolute state of that team they put out, and we were terrified to go and win the game, basically played for a 0-0 draw. The most disappointing result of the whole season for me.

Scrape a result against Arsenal? They are rubbish lad i'll be feumin if we don't at least draw with them.

so far only 3 away wins Southampton, Newcastle & Watford all by fine margins. I agree Arsenal are poor but although we're in better form now than we were under Silva there's still a lot to improve on especially the away games we don't make anything easy for ourselves.

Lets swerve the league next year and focus on the other three cups

If EFC finished 17th next season and won the EFL cup and Europa League I would be the happiest person alive. As would my missus as I promised her I would marry her when Everton won a trophy. This was in 2013 by the way :D:D:D:D

I'm not convinced we have the squad to fight on four fronts and I don't think we will once the summer window is closed either

It'd be a season too early for us I think, lovely though it would be to be in European competition

Could potentially wreck the domestic season, which we need to get right at all costs
I'm of the opinion that to be successful in Europe, we need experience of Europe within the club. Even if we stink out the joint in our first season or two, as long as we keep qualifying, we build a platform to cope and eventually succeed in Europe. So for me, the sooner we're in, the sooner we are accumulating that know-how and building that platform. Just don't compromise the league performances as that is the real barometer of how Everton are progressing as a club.

Also we might get lucky and go all the way first time... which would be brilliant if unlikely.

Carlo said last week hes use to playing every 3 days so that's good enough for me. He has experience of playing most seasons in Europe and would trust him & his staff would be able to manage it correctly. Cant keep putting it off and would attract a better calibre of player also.

I'm of the opinion that to be successful in Europe, we need experience of Europe within the club. Even if we stink out the joint in our first season or two, as long as we keep qualifying, we build a platform to cope and eventually succeed in Europe. So for me, the sooner we're in, the sooner we are accumulating that know-how and building that platform. Just don't compromise the league performances as that is the real barometer of how Everton are progressing as a club.

Also we might get lucky and go all the way first time... which would be brilliant if unlikely.

You can't keep qualifying for Europe if being in Europe wrecks your domestic season and means you can't finish high enough up the table to qualify for Europe

Have to walk before you can run

You can't keep qualifying for Europe if being in Europe wrecks your domestic season and means you can't finish high enough up the table to qualify for Europe

Have to walk before you can run
I would hope we manage our European campaigns so that they didn't interfere with our domestic season though. I know that might be hard, but that is actually Ancelotti's default management schedule - it's possible.

Anyway, a long way to go before this season ends. Let's worry about it when we qualify!

Say this all the time

What a totally bizarre stance to have, if we get in Europa it will affect our league form which will affect us getting into Europe hahahaa

We're just not ready for Europe at this current stage in time sadly

A LOT of work is needed on that squad first

I wouldn't be entirely against the idea of playing a lot of the kids if we DID qualify though, just to get them experience and allow the senior pro's to rest up for the League campaign. UEFA would probably fine us for that though, buncha twonks

We're just not ready for Europe at this current stage in time sadly

A LOT of work is needed on that squad first

I wouldn't be entirely against the idea of playing a lot of the kids if we DID qualify though, just to get them experience and allow the senior pro's to rest up for the League campaign. UEFA would probably fine us for that though, buncha twonks

But we need Europe to attract better quality players

Don't agree anyway, wolves don't have a massive squad and are both still in Europe and doing well in the league

But we need Europe to attract better quality players

Don't agree anyway, wolves don't have a massive squad and are both still in Europe and doing well in the league

I'd doubt if players care about Europa League

Champions League yes, no doubt, it's a big selling point

Europa League doesn't have that pulling power, especially if you finish 7th and have to go through two qualifiers before even getting in the tournament proper

The biggest selling point for us attracting players is going to be working with Carlo Ancelotti, Money and the promise of a good domestic campaign that having an improved squad and Ancelotti at the helm would provide. In that order. Europa League qualifiers wouldn't make a dent

Badly needed

Europa League doesn't have that pulling power, especially if you finish 7th and have to go through two qualifiers before even getting in the tournament proper

The biggest selling point for us attracting players is going to be working with Carlo Ancelotti, Money and the promise of a good domestic campaign that having an improved squad and Ancelotti at the helm would provide. In that order. Europa League qualifiers wouldn't make a dent
Win the Europa League and your in the cl.
Our European coefficient is absolutely dire.
We are 87th which means we get out in.the bottom pots and get tough groups.

If we ever did make the cl we would get 2 hard teams.

Of course they care mate

Obviously doesn't have as big as a pull as the Cl but being in Europe would help us get better quality players

Status
Not open for further replies.