Europa League - Lyon (Away)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah i saw you post that mate, i considered that but didn't look too much time from landing in Berlin for getting the next flight if i remember correctly.
It's almost 2 hours between flights and I don't think you have to go back out of security and in again as it's just a transfer

The stadium in Lyon is miles from the city centre but tram takes you literally to the doorstep. Although took almost 2 hours to get back into town when I was there.

I went to Lyon for the Euro's last year and the stadium is quite a distance away, about 7 miles I think.

The fan zone was in the man square Place Bellecour (assuming where most blues will congregate on the match day?). From there you could get the Metro to connect with a bus that took us to the ground. There was also buses from the main train station to connect with a tram, or another metro line that connected with a tram. I am unsure if there is just one direct method of transport to the ground from the centre.

Sounds complicated, but it worked well as the crowed are travelling 3 different ways to/from the ground so not everybody is descending on one metro station like after Lille.

I went to Lyon for the Euro's last year and the stadium is quite a distance away, about 7 miles I think.

The fan zone was in the man square Place Bellecour (assuming where most blues will congregate on the match day?). From there you could get the Metro to connect with a bus that took us to the ground. There was also buses from the main train station to connect with a tram, or another metro line that connected with a tram. I am unsure if there is just one direct method of transport to the ground from the centre.

Sounds complicated, but it worked well as the crowed are travelling 3 different ways to/from the ground so not everybody is descending on one metro station like after Lille.

Yea I was there too and did pretty much the same. Was dead easy getting a tram from the main train station to the ground. But it took a tram, a bus, and a metro, over about 2 hours to get back to bellcours after the game lol

It's almost 2 hours between flights and I don't think you have to go back out of security and in again as it's just a transfer

You normally do have to go through security again but its a dedicated one & likely it will only be the people from your flight going through it at the time. 1 hour is normally enough before any delays.

We've got flights booked on Thursday from Luton airport with Easyjet to Geneva, fly back on Saturday. This is currently £54 return. There is also 2 flights back on the Friday, cheapest being about £55 return.

Got a car hire booked to drive the 2 hour trip to Lyon, stop there for one night, then drive back and stop in Geneva on the Friday night.

Yeah its a bit of a [Poor language removed] flying from Luton, but the airport is right next to the M1, have flown from there a few times and its a great airport.

We're doing Geneva to Liverpool on the Friday morning. Getting the train from Lyon though rather than hiring a car. Getting the train there, Lime Street to Lyon, 3 changes!

There were loads of flights from Geneva to Gatwick on Friday 3rd when I looked, £25. Might be an option for some who are still looking to get back after the game.

Bit of help wanted - when are the tickets on sale? And what's the best thing to do if you've got travel sorted but can't get a ticket like will there be any sort of fanzine? Thanks

I posted this a few days ago - but try EasyJet all the way from Manchester via Berlin on the way there and back again to Manchester via Amsterdam. Wednesday to Friday. Do the booking as one booking (so keep adding flights once you have selected the first flight) when on the website and the price should be around £150 return.
We've got flights booked on Thursday from Luton airport with Easyjet to Geneva, fly back on Saturday. This is currently £54 return. There is also 2 flights back on the Friday, cheapest being about £55 return.

Got a car hire booked to drive the 2 hour trip to Lyon, stop there for one night, then drive back and stop in Geneva on the Friday night.

Yeah its a bit of a [Poor language removed] flying from Luton, but the airport is right next to the M1, have flown from there a few times and its a great airport.

I'm doing a similar route Manchester/ Geneva Thursday,Saturday also, just curious as to how much car hire is as don't fancy the train,thanks

Hey, first time posting I believe...

Just a quick one, looking at going to Lyon away in November and just wanted to know where people were going from and how long they were staying in France?

Looking to get things booked and sorted asap but am not too sure on what to book just yet.

Any other information/ help would be appreciated as it looks like I may be going on my own at the moment (meeting a Lyon supporting friend there in France).

Let us know!
We are legion for we are many. Or are you just royalty?

I'm doing a similar route Manchester/ Geneva Thursday,Saturday also, just curious as to how much car hire is as don't fancy the train,thanks

Car hire cost us £75 I think for Thursday to Friday. The train I believe is about 30 euro each way.

You can't take car hire cross boarder (unless maybe you contact them but it will no doubt add to the cost). Geneva airport has a French side for car hire, so make sure you hire from Geneva airport French side. I used the holiday autos website. French car hire companies do have a limit on mileage as well, mine is 300km, its 148km from the airport to my hotel!

Status
Not open for further replies.