Europa league Fairplay place ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

daza_1973

Player Valuation: £60m
Was just listening to five live summarising the city v brum game and the commentator claimed 8th at the moment would give brum a europa league fair play place for next season ???
Just gone on the the premier league site and the fair-play table hasn't been updated since late feb..

can anyone clear this fairplay place thingy up???

As far as i remember there is a random draw of all the European countries to see where the fair play place goes - doesnt go to the PL every year.

Im not so sure it goes to the highest ranked team in the league either - i seem to remember City getting in one year under Keegan and they were in the bottom half.

Bit more on it here:

The UEFA Fair Play Competition, which was introduced in the 1993/94 season gives three countries the chance to enter an additional club in the 1st qualifying round of the Europa League. UEFA maintains a ranking list based on all national and club matches played between May 1 and Apr 30 (in the past this period was June 1 to May 31) in all UEFA competitions except the UEFA Regions Cup.

From 2009 on the three places in the UEFA Europa League will automatically go to the three best-placed associations in the ranking, provided they achieve 8 points or more. Before 2009 only the association that topped the ranking automaticly qualified for a UEFA Cup place. All associations which achieved an average of 8 points or more went into a draw to determine the other two places. The three Europa League places go to the club which won the domestic fair play competition. For this purpose each association maintains a ranking list based on matches in the national league and cup. If the winner already qualified for one of the UEFA competitions the next club on the domestic fair play ranking gets the Europa League place. Before 1999 the 3 Fair Play Cup places were not awarded to specific teams as not each country had it's own Fair Play competition.

Yeah usually works like - if we finish in the fair-play place our country doesn't get one - if Brum / villa or Spurs do we get one.... Collina to do the draw :(

Was just listening to five live summarising the city v brum game and the commentator claimed 8th at the moment would give brum a europa league fair play place for next season ???
Just gone on the the premier league site and the fair-play table hasn't been updated since late feb..

can anyone clear this fairplay place thingy up???

Mate , irrespective , we're Everton FC . We do Europe , we qualify ourselves .
We do so fairly regular now .
Fuk the handout's . RS Christmas Day .
Dignity above ALL THINGS .

With Pompy in administration and in the FA cup final, they are not allowed to enter the Waffa cup. Does this mean that another place will go to the league? Will that be 8th or am I just being stupid. Anyway, if we beat Villa we have a real chance of 7th anyway

With Pompy in administration and in the FA cup final, they are not allowed to enter the Waffa cup. Does this mean that another place will go to the league? Will that be 8th or am I just being stupid. Anyway, if we beat Villa we have a real chance of 7th anyway

Pompey didn't apply for a Wafer licence so can't enter, so with Chelski looking like 2nd at worst, 7th gets the Europa spot.

Fulham finished 7th last year, so it'd be a good omen :)

I'm pretty sure that the Europa league winner is given an extra spot and this doesn't effect which league positions will allow teams to qualify.

"Everton have committed more fouls than any other team (424) this season, and also have the player with the most personal fouls – Marouane Fellaini (77)". I guess we can rule out a Euro place for Fairplay then. It's quite strange really, because last year we were the most fouled team in the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.