Europa League 2014-15 ( incl. Ticket / Travel Info ).

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need atleast 6 players if we qualify for this competition. Not because we have a weak squad but the number of games could kill us. Look at Newcastle, Swansea, Stoke. After they made the Europa League they all fought relegation the next year.

What are the rules next season?

I know the winners go into Champions League but do Champions League sides still get a 2nd chance in this?

In each group, teams will play against each other home-and-away in a round-robin format. The group winners and runners-up will advance to the round of 16, while the third-placed teams will enter the 2014–15 UEFA Europa League round of 32.

Teams that qualify for the group stage will also participate in the 2014–15 UEFA Youth League, a competition available to players aged 19 or under.

Seems like they do.

We arnt gonna win it, it's an extra 17 games on top of what we normally play, winning it only give 15 mil euro, and we need to spent triple that to get far in the comp

Is right.

Wolfsburg, Monchengladbach, Fiorentina, Inter Milan, St Etienne, Twente, Vitesse, Galatasaray, Trabzonspor some of the teams currently in Europa League qualifying places atm in their leagues.
Say Arsenal win the FA Cup 5th place is automatic group stage so we won't have to worry about these teams.

Three scenarios:

1. We come 4th and play a seeded team in the CL play-offs. CL Group stage if we win and EL group stages if we lose.
2. We come 5th and Arsenal win the cup. Straight into the EL Group stage.
3. We come 5th and Hull win the cup. EL Play-off game, EL Group stage if we win. Exit if we don't.

Not going to mention 6th because its about as realistic as us coming 3rd.

Really really really trying not to slip into my usual pessimism mode here, someone help...
The way I see it right now is that we will be level with Spurs going into the final day and three points ahead of United, but without most of our key players, and some badly out of form players...
We couldn't, could we???

Status
Not open for further replies.