ESPN ranks Everton #1 in PL

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.espn.com/soccer/everton...-reality-check-moyes-is-the-best-they-can-get
''Moshiri and the fans may believe that Everton can attract an elite coach like Ancelotti or Pochettino, or even former Arsenal boss Unai Emery, but the painful reality is that they are currently only an appealing option to the likes of Moyes or Mark Hughes -- out of work, old-school managers who will take on a difficult job simply to get themselves back in the game.'' Another quote from him ….. Lol Lol Lol.
He's still absolutely reeling from that I reckon. That'll hang over his career forever. lol

https://www.espn.com/soccer/everton...-reality-check-moyes-is-the-best-they-can-get
''Moshiri and the fans may believe that Everton can attract an elite coach like Ancelotti or Pochettino, or even former Arsenal boss Unai Emery, but the painful reality is that they are currently only an appealing option to the likes of Moyes or Mark Hughes -- out of work, old-school managers who will take on a difficult job simply to get themselves back in the game.'' Another quote from him ….. Lol Lol Lol.
Honestly, I've actually started enjoying my Saturday afternoons again...

Honestly don't see the problem with this at all. It's pretty much what we all say on a daily basis on here. Hopefully it will change sooner rather than later, but the general point being made in this (clearly tongue in cheek) article seems pretty valid to me.

...cheer up, at least we’re at the top of something.
Correct and it also means Klopp and his cronies could well be rock bottom but that fact isn't mentioned.
The numpty who wrote that piece places scant reward on our loyalty, many thousands of loyal fans none of us being tempted by the dark side and that means so much more to me.

This is what football writing has been reduced to now.

It's all rather silly and pointless pieces such as Ogden's tripe, written under the guise of impartiality and light-heartedness, when he is sitting there with his tongue hanging out for likes and re-tweets from kopites.

He has a market to serve and obey, it's either superfluous sycophancy about the RS or, if he is bored of that in a given week, a snide swipe of Everton, or some other club.

All for the entertainment of the kopites.

Do you know what, I am quite a content Evertonian at the moment. As the song goes 'we don't care what the red ##### say...'. Them winning the league at a canter prevents the tension that would have been there if it had been close and allowed us to come to terms with it.

I don't give a hoot about them and what they do or don't achieve, I'm interested what we are doing. We have Carlo, we have submitted planning permission and slowly we will get a team to try and challenge them and others. Of course I would like this sooner rather than later but it was never going to be a quick fix. This right now is the best time to be an Evertonian in ages so Ogden can shove that right where the sun doesn't shine as he is wrong again.

Look at the big picture, football doesn't end as soon as Liverpool win the title next season.
It will start again in August , we will have Ancelotti and hopefully some new players and Liverpool start with no points the same as everybody else.
We are a project that finally seems to have some focus after three or four seasons of daftness.

Increased traffic for the website, increased as revenue. Whether or not the writer believes what's been written isn't clear. But from a business perspective it's a success. Just remember what the purpose and funding of these pieces is.

Look at the big picture, football doesn't end as soon as Liverpool win the title next season.
It will start again in August , we will have Ancelotti and hopefully some new players and Liverpool start with no points the same as everybody else.
We are a project that finally seems to have some focus after three or four seasons of daftness.

Cough cough..........adds a zero after your numbers..........cough cough :blush:

Another example that can be added to the other plastic, media red bias thread. We are not alone in this. The red bias in the media is all pervasive and it started in the late 70's, when glory hunters parents told their offspring. To armchair support that lot. "Shut up and stop crying over your weetabix, up the reds, we're magic, got ya Emlyn on ya back" Fandom, shallow and everyone wants to be a winner la.

I know a lot of reds, proper reds, they're embarrassed by the glory seekers. Fans who ride the tide but would never set foot in the city. Knowledgeable supporter reds who used to go to Goodison just like Blues goin' to Anfield, when the city was everything. Halcyon days that will never return.

It happened to Utd as well, in their glory years and the wheelybin fans are despised there as well. Chelsea came next, City etc. I remember well, how my Marxist sociology teacher impressed on us to deconstruct. The bias is hidden under the words. He never mentioned it happens on all sides and everywhere. Unfortunately unbiased reporting has gone the way of the dodo. Now it's all opinion pieces. It cuts both ways.

There's one thing about Everton, we can be trampled on, ridiculed, derided. However, it's a compliment. They fear us. Our history demonstrates that. We are a giant, ignored at your peril.

Swings and roundabouts. Success is transitory. There can't be an article on the lot across the park unless we are referenced, even when we are the main subject, the plastics comment underneath. It betrays their impotence cause real reds couldn't be arsed.

The opinion piece is hollow, fandom in it's basest term, he's a brand lemming. He'll never know what is means to be a supporter. And when the snake hits, he'll look at the league table and tell his offspring, eat ya weetabix son, get ya Richalison kit on. Everton are gonna win the league again.

Another example that can be added to the other plastic, media red bias thread. We are not alone in this. The red bias in the media is all pervasive and it started in the late 70's, when glory hunters parents told their offspring. To armchair support that lot. "Shut up and stop crying over your weetabix, up the reds, we're magic, got ya Emlyn on ya back" Fandom, shallow and everyone wants to be a winner la.

I know a lot of reds, proper reds, they're embarrassed by the glory seekers. Fans who ride the tide but would never set foot in the city. Knowledgeable supporter reds who used to go to Goodison just like Blues goin' to Anfield, when the city was everything. Halcyon days that will never return.

It happened to Utd as well, in their glory years and the wheelybin fans are despised there as well. Chelsea came next, City etc. I remember well, how my Marxist sociology teacher impressed on us to deconstruct. The bias is hidden under the words. He never mentioned it happens on all sides and everywhere. Unfortunately unbiased reporting has gone the way of the dodo. Now it's all opinion pieces. It cuts both ways.

There's one thing about Everton, we can be trampled on, ridiculed, derided. However, it's a compliment. They fear us. Our history demonstrates that. We are a giant, ignored at your peril.

Swings and roundabouts. Success is transitory. There can't be an article on the lot across the park unless we are referenced, even when we are the main subject, the plastics comment underneath. It betrays their impotence cause real reds couldn't be arsed.

The opinion piece is hollow, fandom in it's basest term, he's a brand lemming. He'll never know what is means to be a supporter. And when the snake hits, he'll look at the league table and tell his offspring, eat ya weetabix son, get ya Richalison kit on. Everton are gonna win the league again.

Carlo's got this Sentinel

Status
Not open for further replies.