Eric Dier

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/9089819.stm

I thought this was an interesting article. It also made me wonder where our resident Sporting supporter, Sotnas, has been lately. Anyone seen him?

it would be interesting if some club linked up with them to share each other's youngsters giving them some sort of experience in another league.

I have heard a lot of Sporting's academy. It should do him some good to be there a little longer.

Brilliant stuff. English football is far too parochial and myopic. Good to see english footballers appreciating different cultures and learning a different style of football. Provided he stays at Sporting he may well learn how to distribute from the back rather than hoof at every opportunity.

Here's hoping he spends another 5 years at Sporting at least.

Has he actually made a first team appearance?

The answer is no.

I hope the kid does well, but how the hell is he 'one of English football's brightest talents'?

He looks like a right tit as well.

Brilliant stuff. English football is far too parochial and myopic. Good to see english footballers appreciating different cultures and learning a different style of football. Provided he stays at Sporting he may well learn how to distribute from the back rather than hoof at every opportunity.

Here's hoping he spends another 5 years at Sporting at least.

Exactly. Our game would be much better if we had more players and coaches going abroad to try different things.

His parents moved to Portugal when he was a kid. He started playing here and caught Sporting's attention, as a lot of kids do.

He should be U-17 but he's playing for the U-19 alongside his partner Tobias Figueiredo. Both have been paring as CB's for a couple of years now.

Eric Dier was the team captain last season and has been tipped as a bright prospect. Speaks perfect portuguese, I must say.

Oh yeah, i'd heard of this kid.

He sounded very grounded from what I remember. Says it's much more important for him to play and continue to develop, than sit on the bench at somewhere like Chelsea.

Oh yeah, i'd heard of this kid.

He sounded very grounded from what I remember. Says it's much more important for him to play and continue to develop, than sit on the bench at somewhere like Chelsea.

Reports are saying that Chelsea is tracking him and Tobias also.

He's still very young, only 16. He has a path to walk still.

His parents moved to Portugal when he was a kid. He started playing here and caught Sporting's attention, as a lot of kids do.

He should be U-17 but he's playing for the U-19 alongside his partner Tobias Figueiredo. Both have been paring as CB's for a couple of years now.

Eric Dier was the team captain last season and has been tipped as a bright prospect. Speaks perfect portuguese, I must say.

The man is back !!!

Good to hear from you and don't be so much of a stranger.

Good post on the guy too.

I've been in and out and this start of season has depressed me completely. Everton, Sporting and the national side...they are getting on my nerves.

Moyes can't hear me about the players.

Another piece of scouting. Sporting has 3 players at Cercle Brugge who have beaten Anderlecht last weekend. Their names:
- Nuno Reis, 19, center back who has played 8 out of 11 matches;
- Renato Neto, 19, brazilian midfielder who has played all of the matches
- William Owusu, 21, ghanaian striker.

Would be good to know how are they doing from our belgian buds around the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.