End of season awards

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just had an e-mail saying the End Of Season Awards will be available to watch online live tonight......

Everton Football Club’s end of season awards – The Dixies – will be available for you to watch from 8pm today.

This year the annual showpiece is accessible online, giving all Evertonians across the world, including members of the Club's International Supporters' Clubs, the chance to get closer to the action as the winners of The Dixies are revealed.

The 2018-19 awards will take the form of a magazine-style show, which will be available to view on the official Everton YouTube channel from 8pm UK time.

Hosted by BBC's Mark Chapman and Everton favourite Leon Osman, The Dixies salute Evertonians past and present, with awards including the Player of the Season, Young Player of the Season, Players' Player of the Season, Ladies Player of the Season and Under-23 Player of the Season.

The Chairman’s Blueblood Award – bestowed upon someone who “embodies the Evertonian spirit” – will also be presented, along with the Howard Kendall Award, which recognises an outstanding achievement at the Club.

The Fan of the Year prize will also be awarded, while an iconic former player will be inducted into the Club's Hall of Fame and named as the latest Everton Giant.

The winner of the fans' vote for Goal of the Season will be announced, as well as a worthy winner of the People's Club Award.

Players even bother suiting up if it's just an online thing? Doesn't matter I suppose but think it's a bit of a shame to scrap the whole event at the Philly.

Players even bother suiting up if it's just an online thing? Doesn't matter I suppose but think it's a bit of a shame to scrap the whole event at the Philly.
In the past we've moaned about the club celebrating mediocrity with an awards do for players that don't deserve any ounce of praise. When this was announced think we were on that disastrous run of form so can see why they made the decision to scrap it.

Hopefully back next year when we'll, all being well, have something to actually celebrate.

In the past we've moaned about the club celebrating mediocrity with an awards do for players that don't deserve any ounce of praise. When this was announced think we were on that disastrous run of form so can see why they made the decision to scrap it.

Hopefully back next year when we'll, all being well, have something to actually celebrate.

Never really bothered me unless the season was a complete stinker.

Otherwise no other team other than the top 3 or 4 would bother.

Never really bothered me unless the season was a complete stinker.

Otherwise no other team other than the top 3 or 4 would bother.

Maybe. But for some teams there's lots to celebrate. Wolves finishing 7th. Watford FA Cup Final. Staying up for some teams. We have larger ambition, therefore celebrating 8th place finishes isn't something I particularly want to be doing despite the clear improvements.

Man Utd fans have absolutely rinsed the team for having an extravagant End of Year awards this year, rightly so too.

A few of the faces in that pic of Gueye and digne sharing player of the year lol-coleman looks asleep plus morgan and Rich,It was Digne full stop for me as player of the year

Status
Not open for further replies.