End for Unsworth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
His job isnt to win titles with the u23s though its to develop players for the first team. Of which he has provided none?

??

Who has he provided mate?
tenor.gif

His chance came and went and it won't ever come around again for him. Not many chances to manage Everton will come about and to think Allardyce was given the job over him..... well I'd be kicking myself for years to come letting that opportunity go to waste. The Southampton away, the Lyon away (playing Gylfi as a striker lol) and Atalanta at home really destroyed any chance he had of getting it.

If he stays or goes should be down to Brands.

His job is to partially prepare players for the step up. I say partially as they can't be fully prepared, it's too large a step. Wenger once said: "You pay for training young players with points" and it really is true.

The recent report that the U23 'might aswel be on another planet' to the first team suggests he's not doing his job properly.

Brands shouldn't be here, he should be following Silva out of the effing door !!

Had a great opportunity to make the job his own the last time around, and he blew. Mind you, the way we go about things, I reckon there will be a couple more chances for him over the next few years.

He had the chance to show how good he thinks he is when that lower league team came in for him a few years ago,totally forgot team it was,considering he says he wants to be a boss,that was his chance to show what he was about,but he wanted to stay with the u23s

After his last caretaker spell, it's not surprising he was overlooked really.
Coming back from 2-0 to win a PL game. Beating WHU 4-0. The Southampton game was the one that really did for him, you can ignore the EC games since he wasn't able to pick the strongest sides. He was totally let down by some of his senior players at Southampton, who basically went on strike. The turn round in effort and peformance 5 days later was remarkable.
So, to recap, he was in charge for 5 league games and in those games he came back from being behind (something Silva failed to in 60 games in charge) and annihilated the opposition in a key 6-pointer. For a manager who had no previous PL experience and who was always facing a challenge to get the senior players respect I don't think he reserves the abuse on here from some.
Anyway, as I said before he wasn't overlooked.

Coming back from 2-0 to win a PL game. Beating WHU 4-0. The Southampton game was the one that really did for him, you can ignore the EC games since he wasn't able to pick the strongest sides. He was totally let down by some of his senior players at Southampton, who basically went on strike. The turn round in effort and peformance 5 days later was remarkable.
So, to recap, he was in charge for 5 league games and in those games he came back from being behind (something Silva failed to in 60 games in charge) and annihilated the opposition in a key 6-pointer. For a manager who had no previous PL experience and who was always facing a challenge to get the senior players respect I don't think he reserves the abuse on here from some.
Anyway, as I said before he wasn't overlooked.
I didnt abuse him, i happen to like unsworth, jusf offering an opinion on why he may have been passed over

I think that if we're going to have a temporary coach in charge of the first team, I'd rather it was a coach who spends time with the first team over someone in charge of the reserves.

Clueless really but very nice guy. Probably cruising along with a decent salary and eff all ambition. Otherwise why is he still here?

If he leaves good luck to him - he has won two titles in 3 years with managers sending our best young players out on loan -
Koeman -Silva - Walsh he is not like them - here's what they have done to our club -

Status
Not open for further replies.