Emma Hayes for next EFC manager

Would you accept a Woman Coach/Manager for EFC 1st team?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PKwalnuts

Player Valuation: £10m
Would you accept a woman coach/manager for EFC?

Simple question that invokes instant controversy....

Why not though?

I Don't believe it would happen, but I saw Brendan Rodgers praising her recently, and I guess it is only a matter of time before a team tries this.

After all, don't Women make the greatest modern leaders anyway?

Screen-Shot-2018-05-14-at-14.57.15.png

While I think she has done a good job and could be a good manager, I don't think managing Chelsea womens is comparable to getting a PL mens job.

The womens game is improving but it is still years behind the mens game and if I had to be honest, I would say the comparison would be womens PL to maybe League two in terms of budgets and overall professional set up. I just did a quick google and Chelsea womens had a budget of £5m a year in 2019 so I think she would need to prove herself going through the leagues in the men's game, just like any other manager besides the odd one or two who get jobs purely because they used to be good players.

No, but simply because she is not experienced at managing a load of lads and they would probably be a nightmare. I do think we should have more women in the coaching staff to give them a potential route to managing the men's team in future, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.