2022/23 Ellis Simms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was just looking at Harry kane early career and comparing it to simms and turns out there's no comparison as Harry kane had a breakout season when he was younger than simms, oh well
Not everyone has the same rate of progression in their game.

Maybe this lad has suffered because he's a big lad and the assumption is he's a target man when he seems to struggle with that and only comes alive in the box?

Plenty of players have made the grade in their early 20s once a manager / coaches figure them out. I'm not saying Simms will be an Everton regular for the foreseeable, but we kid ourselves that the level he's got goals at are vastly different to the PL.

I think the Anichebe comparison is more to do with their level rather than comparing them as actual players. Simms is obviously much more of a goalscorer than Anichebe, I think we all know that. As far as I can see it's more about people saying that he may prove to be a useful PL squad player like Anichebe was, without necessarily ever scaling the heights.
Fair enough...

All these comparisons are silly. He looks like he comes alive in the box, seems a natural finisher - he has the physique to be a good striker - if he'd started from august to now i'd argue he'd be on 6/7 goals now

id leave gray in against Spurs, but potentially look to start Simms against Fulham and Palace, would like to see him play 70mins against someone other than chelsea or liverpool away.

Played a great through ball to doucoure against Leeds and his pass won us a penalty late on against Brighton

A lot of speculation about Simms in here as if we know
In the sample size we have, if he is mostly the anfield version he'll not be great, if he is mostly the cameo at S Bridge then he'll be great
We haven't a clue. Hopefully gets more gametime now

Not everyone has the same rate of progression in their game.

Maybe this lad has suffered because he's a big lad and the assumption is he's a target man when he seems to struggle with that and only comes alive in the box?

Plenty of players have made the grade in their early 20s once a manager / coaches figure them out. I'm not saying Simms will be an Everton regular for the foreseeable, but we kid ourselves that the level he's got goals at are vastly different to the PL.
I know am only having a bit of a joke, he does seem a different player to what we have thought he was /played as(target man who holds it up) while he is really in the lukaku/yakabu mould

Not sure Everton really got any credit for having Lukaku in his best ever form. It’s almost like the media didn’t want to admit he played for us when he was here and was one of the best strikers in the prem. He’s had one good season at Inter since he left us.

True.

But he's self sabotages himself wherever he goes. He's either let himself go fitness wise or gone to the European press saying "I want to go to my dream club" and gets the fans on his back.

All he had to do here was butter us up, say how great the club and fans are time to time, do the badge kissing routine...then he'd have been more enamoured rather than having chants of "You fat [Poor language removed]" when he came back in a United shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.