EiTC Africa 2020 fundraising request

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnniepk

Player Valuation: £8m
Short(ish) version:
Earlier this year Everton in the Community took a team of volunteers to Nakuru in Kenya to undertake project work in a school in a deprived area.
Next year they are returning to continue this excellent work.
All the indvidual volunterrs have to raise their own funds for the trip and the project
I have been selected to go next year and I am on here, cap in hand, asking Grand Old Team members for a donation towards this.
I am only asking for a quid. Happy to get more though!

Short(ish) version:
Earlier this year Everton in the Community took a team of volunteers to Nakuru in Kenya to undertake project work in a school in a deprived area.
Next year they are returning to continue this excellent work.
All the indvidual volunterrs have to raise their own funds for the trip and the project
I have been selected to go next year and I am on here, cap in hand, asking Grand Old Team members for a donation towards this.
I am only asking for a quid. Happy to get more though!

:bye:

Long version:
I retired last October. A big part of my new life is that I have been volunteering with Everton In the Community. I mainly help to deliver Mental health workshops, based around sport in local primary schools. This project is called "Tackling the Blues" I absolutely love doing this, the kids are amazing and the rewarding feeling is incredible. I also support other school based events which include me giving the kids a tour of Goodison. Its a hard job but someone has to do it!!.
Everton in the Community went further afield last April and took volunteers to a school in Kenya. It was a massive success. Take a look at the story,

I have the honour and privilege of having been chosen as one of the volunteers to represent Everton in the Community (EitC) on their African Adventure 2020 to Nakuru near Nairobi, in Kenya in April next year. We will be spending 10 days working in a school in one of the more deprived areas of the town during which time we will be: ~ supporting the teaching staff during lessons . I have already done an art lesson plan and a geography one! ~ providing sports coaching. (this does not include dancing lessons , a skill I must improve) ~ helping with the construction projects for the school. I can do pointing!! I have to find funding myself towards the project .This is for the trip, materials, local workforce costs,etc, at a cost of £1845.00.
My first port of call is to ask anyone who can to put their hand in their pocket and donate towards the costs please.
My other fundraising will include, selling anything not nailed down on eBay, raffles, quizzes, bag packs and literally anything that will raise the funds so I can be with Everton in the Community doing this work.
I appreciate the size of the task ahead so anything you can do to help me is greatly appreciated. And i really mean anything. A pound from 1845 kind souls does the job!!
If got this far...please get rid of me by clicking the donate button!

Status
Not open for further replies.