Eighteen years ago today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone remember the famous picture of Labone walking outside Goodson Park at 1-1 unable to bare it and the man with his dog standing outside just wanting to be there

And some people say Wayne Rooney is a blue..

These types of days will make a comeback if Martinez is at the helm. Luckily, I don't believe he will be.

Horrible, sickening week before that match. Was convinced we were going down, the match itself was unbearable. Couldn't face that again. We'll do the Geordies a favour by getting battered tomorrow night, put them out of their misery.
Don't worry they're used to it. Relegation and getting battered btw.

Me too. That team was bloody awful and you just couldn't back them to get a result. We stayed up on goal difference didn't we? Bolton went down instead of us - incredibly lucky because I remember they had a perfectly good (winning) goal ruled out when we played them at their gaff.

Yeah remember it, the ref said the ball hadn't crossed the line. Replays showed it well over.

I think even we win tonight the Barcodes are doomed.

They would still have to beat Spurs on Saturday to even have a chance of staying up.

And Spurs still have a lot to play for.....finishing second, above Arsenal, and getting a better CL seeding.

So COYB.......:celebrate:

Remember the great goal but forgot Barmby the lil git missing a pen. When dublin scored I nearly had a heart attack. I'd still say the Wimbledon game was more nervy though after going 2-0 down and listening to it on the radio.

Status
Not open for further replies.