Eighteen years ago today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of my most vivid everton memories this. Watched it in a pub where the landlord didn't want me to be(I was 10) until my dad convinced him to let my stay due to magnitude of the game.(pulled his grand daughter a few years later, hated me even more then)

And I remember it absolutely chucking it down and running home in the rain after it was done grabbing the badge and loving life.

Loving that 90's gear at around 1:06.

I was in the Lower Gwladys - Don't think I ever did more than nod and say hello to the family in front of me all year. That day we were all hugging and kissing when Farrelly scored. At the end the lad in front of me was crying, kicked his seat to pieces and then we all ran on the pitch.

Never again.

Top post this. The mood swings from sentence to sentence and even within the same sentence are brilliant.

Me too. That team was bloody awful and you just couldn't back them to get a result. We stayed up on goal difference didn't we? Bolton went down instead of us - incredibly lucky because I remember they had a perfectly good (winning) goal ruled out when we played them at their gaff.
Didn't they score a goal against us that was out of play before they scored that season?

We want Johnson out! We want Johnson out! I was there I'll never forget the relief at the final whistle literally like having a weight taken off your shoulders also remember thinking 'what is he doing??' when Farrelly whacked it

Im pretty sure Irish TV showed the Wimbledon game live, or I was watching delayed coverage and my memory is fading......but I don't recall seeing this game live. Was it on Sky at the time? My memory of actually watching the Wimbledon game is much clearer than this game...only remember the goal.

God we have had some absolutely dreadful teams since the 80s.

Im pretty sure Irish TV showed the Wimbledon game live, or I was watching delayed coverage and my memory is fading......but I don't recall seeing this game live. Was it on Sky at the time? My memory of actually watching the Wimbledon game is much clearer than this game...only remember the goal.

God we have had some absolutely dreadful teams since the 80s.

Yes it was live on Sky.

It wasn't as bad as Wimbledon for me.

If you listen to the scenario the guy at the start details, you'll understand why. We were almost certainly down going into that game, we were definitely down at 2-0 - what happened after that puts Istanbul for the RS to shame.

My first year of University. I watched it surrounded by RS in the university common room. Everyone seemed to want us to go down.

When Coventry scored I walked out and just wandered the streets until it was all over.

Anyone who moans about the 60 point / 6th place period under Moyes should be forced to time travel to the late 1990s. We were awful.
If this clown is still here next season, there will be absolutely no reason to time travel, as we will see it for real !

No swearing
I'm supporting Sunderland tomorrow .

Another nail in Martinez's coffin
As a Evertonian I want to win everytime. Let the result takes care of itself.

Boss blue you though mate .

Yes hktoffee is a boss blue.
You on the other hand are a [Poor language removed] disgrace.
Martinez is a dead man walking.
To hope for Everton to lose any game (for any reason) is certainly not 'Boss'
You should be [Poor language removed] ashamed to use the word toffee in your user name.

Main memory of this game was the resignation beforehand that we were probably down. The Wimbledon game few yrs earlier had hope, and we still nearly blew it, but feeling in pub before Cov was "we can't be that lucky again, cmon lets go get it over with" and sloped off to GP, without any real hope.
If remember right we had to get better result than Bolton who had Chelsea away a few days before they played in Cup Winners Cup Final.
Vialli did us a favour by picking a strongish Chelsea team and scored the winner himself.
Dark days and shudder to think where our club could be now if gone the other way.

Status
Not open for further replies.