EFC Players Out On Loan 2021-22

Status
Not open for further replies.

Given that we deemed him good enough for a new 2 year contract would we not have been better keeping Broadhead as 3rd choice ST than bringing in Rondon. I know he's not good enough but if you are working on a budget surely Broadheads wages are less than Rondons. He was also game ready if needed. He has the added bonus he can play as a 10 or on either wing. This is not revionism as I would actually have released him but given where we were when we loaned him out this is why I'm now questioning it. He's basically a poor mans Richarlison. Hopefully on this loan spell he avoids injury and someone buys him so we can add pennies to the pot. He will never be good enough for here but is better than Rondon in my opinion.

What we needed was a poor man's DCL, therefore Rondon. I like broadhead more than most but he isn't much of a physical presence (admittedly the jury is still out on Rondon too)

I think you need a plan B. I get what you say about poor man's DCL but I believe these types need to play regularly to get rhythm so never really make impact off the bench. Broadhead is an in the channels runner these guys can hit the ground running.

Given that we deemed him good enough for a new 2 year contract would we not have been better keeping Broadhead as 3rd choice ST than bringing in Rondon. I know he's not good enough but if you are working on a budget surely Broadheads wages are less than Rondons. He was also game ready if needed. He has the added bonus he can play as a 10 or on either wing. This is not revionism as I would actually have released him but given where we were when we loaned him out this is why I'm now questioning it. He's basically a poor mans Richarlison. Hopefully on this loan spell he avoids injury and someone buys him so we can add pennies to the pot. He will never be good enough for here but is better than Rondon in my opinion.

get what you're saying but broadhead and rondon are 2 different types of forward. as you say hes poor mans richarlison whereas rondon seemingly is back up to DCL.
Dobbin might get more opportunities with broadhead out on loan.

get what you're saying but broadhead and rondon are 2 different types of forward. as you say hes poor mans richarlison whereas rondon seemingly is back up to DCL.
Dobbin might get more opportunities with broadhead out on loan.

Yeah I did think that about Dobbin. I think it's more with such a limited budget why are we paying so much to Rondon and why did we give Broadhead a contract. I bet we still pay some of Broadheads wages. Looks like Rondon is going to keep getting picked even though he's off the pace. I know that some people say Rondon has experience but so does Duncan Ferguson doesn't mean he's going to do it here. I had the same feeling about Rondon as King and I was right there. I'm desperate for Rondon to prove me wrong but I'm a realistic enough to know it doesn't happen. If he wasn't here Benitez might have been forced out his comfort zone and tried a youngster up front. Gordon maybe even as he played loan ST a couple of times I'm 23s. I hope Broadhead rips it up one because he seems a good lad two because it may generate a few next summer.

Status
Not open for further replies.