Easy Vaulting Poll 2 - Is McGeady any good?

Is McGeady any good?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
The odd flash of brilliance, but often doesn't have any options so tries to do it himself. On his day will be unplayable, but should be used as part of bigger squad. Shows how far we've come though that he's a squad player.

Gets a chance out wide left now for a good bit of time given Mirallas is out for a lengthy spell. That's his best flank and I expect to see him coming inside and having a dig. Looking forward to seeing him on the left and Atsu on the right.

Funny how divisive he is. I didn't rate him before he signed and he hasn't done much to change my initial opinion. My main gripe, aside from him looking like Miss Piggy, is that he's never aware of any movement around him: it's always head down and try to beat his man, which rarely is to our benefit.

A run in the side might get him more used to the runs the likes of Baines and Lukaku make and actually use those outlets. The fact he was always the same at Celtic doesn't fill me with hope.

I like him. He's no world beater, and I don't think he's gonna have the clinical finishing ability of someone like Mirallas. But if you put him up against a second-rate full back he can really cause problems.

Plus it's always fun to have those players in the squad that can pull a moment of magic outve very little every now and again, even if it isn't as regularly as we'd all prefer.

Inconsistent, but talented and will always be that way.
He offers something different. Last weekend, I think it was McGeady that crossed the ball that was headed away for Jags to half volley into the net.
I think he will always be around the first team, will be involved in most games but will never probably be a genuine first team starter like Mirallas.

I think he holds onto the ball a bit too much, almost tries too hard if you like. I do like his enthusiasm but at times i think he needs to think about bit more about what is giong on around him.

Inconsistent, but talented and will always be that way.
He offers something different. Last weekend, I think it was McGeady that crossed the ball that was headed away for Jags to half volley into the net.
I think he will always be around the first team, will be involved in most games but will never probably be a genuine first team starter like Mirallas.
It was. He has a good knack of being able to squeeze a cross in from very little space.

IMO, he's been in the shadow of Coleman down the right and looks less than dynamic in comparison. As well as being his best side, I think a spell on the left with Baines might be a launch pad for him. Overall, I would say he needs to show more - get involved more. But when he does get involved it can be a telling contribution. For that reason alone he deserves his chance in the team.

Status
Not open for further replies.