Easily Forgotten Everton Players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Idan Tal was with us briefly. Any remember if he was bad or just mediocre? Seem to remember him scoring a good goal against Leeds or Boro.

I remember him, it was a very strange signing, he didn’t last long, I think we got the transfer fee back, did we sign him from Sunderland ? He suffered from varicose veins ( true) that’s why we got our money back.

At the time and for years after, I thought he was South African. Don't know where that came from. He was actually born in Northumberland!

Richard Wright DMs first signing - he fell out of his loft pre season injured - then in a warm up in a game tripped over the sprinklers.... utter crap - then his stand Steve Simmerson form Tranmere in agent Johnsons dodgy deal costing us a fortune back then was like a rabbit in the headlights in goal -

Idan Tal was with us briefly. Any remember if he was bad or just mediocre? Seem to remember him scoring a good goal against Leeds or Boro.
I remember him but can't remember him for anything of note, so probably just mediocre.

Alex Smith was another one. A young left-hand who never made the first team but was highly-rated. Just after Joe Royle became manager in 1994, be attended a mini derby at Anfield. We won 4-0. Smith took the piss out of one of their defenders, waving as him as be sprinted down the wing. Sadly wasn't to be but he had a decent career outside the PL.

Every. Single. One. Of. Them over the last 24 years.

9E66C556-EB55-4E06-8177-F538D997584B.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.