Easily Forgotten Everton Players

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you thinking of Steve Simonson?
Steve simonson from wiki:

After just 42 league and cup appearances for the first team, he was bought by Everton. Both clubs were under the control of Peter Johnsonat the time. It was reported by various media bodies that the transfer fee was worth £3.3 million, a record fee for a goalkeeper. However Tramere Rovers' officially sanctioned Complete Record book states that this a myth and that the deal "was based on staged payments depending upon appearances, Everton's future success and international caps, none of which came" and that "Rovers never saw anymore than the initial £1m down payment."

Vintage Everton

Can anyone remember if Simon Davies has been mentioned?

I think his middle name might have been Amnesia.

You will have to take my word for it. 1948/49 Centre forward: Albert Juliussen. Worst centre forward I ever saw (anywhere). I can still see, as clear as day, watching him at Goodison. He was put clean through, only the goalie to beat. He side-footed it past the goalie from just inside the penalty area. It hit the post and came back to him (by this time he was past the goalie with the goal gaping in front of him) He side-footed it again and it hit the post and came back to him. He then shot wide.

Danny Williamson - Supposedly the new Pele!!!

Ian Bishop - Think he only ever played one senior game for us

Status
Not open for further replies.