Dyche is the man

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dyche was screaming at the players, at one time he said to one of the players

****** STAY THERE

He made sure they kept their shape.

I absolutely hope they stick with this intensity. The players have a tendency to stop performing after a whole, but by all accounts, they did seem to love Lampard, maybe it was a tactics thing.

I’m upbeat, yesterday was my Everton, again.

Far too early to say yesterday shows anything much. It could be a hint of things to come, or it could merely be a new manager bounce.

It won’t always be that good, but it does certainly show that these players can actually play when asked, if like to think that Dyche will insist on 100% every week, and if you give 100% you should be able to get results.

until the board work out a proper strategy and long term plan for the  todger we want to play...
umm-no.gif

Indeed you were, so in your opinion under which circumstance do the club end up pulling the plug on Dyche as manager? Or so long as he keeps us on a footing of mediocrity does he remain in perpetuity? We need to be clear on our ambition and aims.

COYB!

John.

You're on a wind up. First ambition is avoid relegation. Second is to continue getting rid of the junk on and off the pitch. We are after all the greatest team in the world. It'll come.

The thing is, people need to be clear in themselves of what they consider acceptable for the club. With Dyche we are never going to be challenging for European places, we can be the new Burnley though. We may become a bit of a yoyo club bouncing up and down between leagues over the next 7 or 8 seasons, but at least we'll have a consistent manager and style of play, we'll have an identity. Surely that is all we can expect over the medium term?

COYB!

John.
Hhhhmmmmmm, smells strongly of urine this one does?

The thing is, people need to be clear in themselves of what they consider acceptable for the club. With Dyche we are never going to be challenging for European places, we can be the new Burnley though. We may become a bit of a yoyo club bouncing up and down between leagues over the next 7 or 8 seasons, but at least we'll have a consistent manager and style of play, we'll have an identity. Surely that is all we can expect over the medium term?

COYB!

John.

Only one problem with your points mate. Didn't Dyche actually get Burnley European qualification ?

This may be slightly ageist, but there seems to be a lot of ‘modern’ takes on football in here and about the new manager. If Simeone and Atletico had put the performance in that we did Saturday, a lot of you would have gone through about 8 boxes of Kleenex. Dyche does it for us and it’s “How long do we give this defensive football lark before we sack and get the next manager in who plays real football?” There is more than one way to play football, and this direct, aggressive style seems to suit Everton, so why don’t we stick with it and see where it takes us. Like I’ve said before, I’d love Dyche to turn us into proper shithouses that nobody likes. He got Burnley into Europe too, no reason he can’t with us given the proper support and opportunity.

What a manager!
If we stay up will the toad take the credit for getting us out of the mire? I so much want Dyche to succeed but I hope that our despicable board do not take the credit and entrench themselves on the back of someone else's success.

COYB!

John.
I consider beating Arsenal 1-0 very acceptable, one game at time, let’s not worry about European places just now.

This may be slightly ageist, but there seems to be a lot of ‘modern’ takes on football in here and about the new manager. If Simeone and Atletico had put the performance in that we did Saturday, a lot of you would have gone through about 8 boxes of Kleenex. Dyche does it for us and it’s “How long do we give this defensive football lark before we sack and get the next manager in who plays real football?” There is more than one way to play football, and this direct, aggressive style seems to suit Everton, so why don’t we stick with it and see where it takes us. Like I’ve said before, I’d love Dyche to turn us into proper shithouses that nobody likes. He got Burnley into Europe too, no reason he can’t with us given the proper support and opportunity.
He's got 17 games left.

We scored one goal from a corner. There were other chances and that's good, but his future here in my eyes is decided by how well we can balance the defensive solidity with the actual ability to create chances consistently.

You mention Simeone and that's probably a fine blueprint. His sides have always been able to score. People remember the defensive efforts in big games but they can score the goals necessary to put lots of points on the board.

I consider beating Arsenal 1-0 very acceptable, one game at time, let’s not worry about European places just now.
But that's exactly my point, 'let's not worry about European places just now' can quickly become 'let's not worry about automatic promotion places just now' under Dyche. What's the redline under this new manager? What is the club/board's/supporters realistic ambition under him?

Let's just have a realistic and honest discussion about it.

COYB!

John

It was too good a performance to simply be a new manager bounce from players trying to impressive the new boss.

It was a different Everton, with tactical flexibility and a clear gameplan that was effectively executed.
It was you're right. But the other guy's right as well in that it's far too early to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.