Dyche is the man

Status
Not open for further replies.
I said a while ago. Best manager appointment since Moyes. We're in a mess. Dyche gets us back to basics. After all the cack we've been subjected to, I'm happy with that and his interviews are quite entertaining. Wish him the best
Haven't got myself hyped up on managers probably since Bobby 1st season and Carlo.

Again until the board work out a proper strategy and long term plan for the todger we want to play it's just another short term appointment.

Will we stay up ?‍♂️?‍♂️ lottery atm

Just goes to show that Lampard was never the right fit for the role doesnt it?

When these players bucked their ideas for a manager, who demanded 100%.

They were anything but passive and it seems the system Dyche played today fit everyone’s needs. If this isn’t an exception, we have every chance of getting out the relegation zone.

Battling, direct football, is what we had our best period with, it’s what every successful Everton side has had in the last 50 years, maybe it was meant to be.
Far too early to say yesterday shows anything much. It could be a hint of things to come, or it could merely be a new manager bounce.

Far too early to say yesterday shows anything much. It could be a hint of things to come, or it could merely be a new manager bounce.

It was too good a performance to simply be a new manager bounce from players trying to impressive the new boss.

It was a different Everton, with tactical flexibility and a clear gameplan that was effectively executed.

Enjoyed the game yesterday - Onana and DCL genuinely rattled them - and I haven't seen us do that for a while.

Special mention for McNeil who was perfectly decent and Myko who has been under the microscope for not being Roberto Carlos. I can understand fans frustration with our results but I don't see how needling our own players helps, however limited they may be.

Even if the comparisons with Allardyce football are fair (I'm reserving judgement) - Dyche is less of a douche.

The thing is, people need to be clear in themselves of what they consider acceptable for the club. With Dyche we are never going to be challenging for European places, we can be the new Burnley though. We may become a bit of a yoyo club bouncing up and down between leagues over the next 7 or 8 seasons, but at least we'll have a consistent manager and style of play, we'll have an identity. Surely that is all we can expect over the medium term?

COYB!

John.

The thing is, people need to be clear in themselves of what they consider acceptable for the club. With Dyche we are never going to be challenging for European places, we can be the new Burnley though. We may become a bit of a yoyo club bouncing up and down between leagues over the next 7 or 8 seasons, but at least we'll have a consistent manager and style of play, we'll have an identity. Surely that is all we can expect over the medium term?

COYB!

John.

No John. No. Not in a million years.

No John. No. Not in a million years.
So when should we be looking to sack Dyche, summer if he keeps us up? Hang on to him next season if we get relegated and then replace him if he gets us back up?

What do we want? What is the plan if not constant mediocrity under Dyche? What realistic aspirations and ambition does the club hold medium term? We need to be honest about it.

COYB!

John.

So when should we be looking to sack Dyche, summer if he keeps us up? Hang on to him next season if we get relegated and then replace him if he gets us back up?

What do we want? What is the plan if not constant mediocrity under Dyche? What realistic aspirations and ambition does the club hold medium term? We need to be honest about it.

COYB!

John.

I was responding to your post asking do we accept being a yo yo club going down and back up from the championship over the next 7 or 8 seasons. We will never accept that as a fanbase. Why would we?

It was too good a performance to simply be a new manager bounce from players trying to impressive the new boss.

It was a different Everton, with tactical flexibility and a clear gameplan that was effectively executed.
Sorry, I don't believe this for a second. I mean you may ultimately be proven correct, just you cannot say this was definitively something other than a new manager bounce. I'm old enough to remember a couple of good performances under Lampard and folk saying allsorts about the new, more professional approach under him.

COYB!

John.
Enjoy the win..

Status
Not open for further replies.