2022/23 Dwight McNeil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awful signing.

Absolute nothing player, seen enough tbh, and over the last 2,3 years at Burnley

we all said he was crap when he signed and it's proven to be right,could have got a striker instead.

I tell you what.

I hope the installments/clauses in that transfer deal are hard to obtain.

Because my god have they rolled us for 5m, never mind 20m.

Niasse is a better footballer than this lad.
Well done Dwight lad.

I'd like to say we were always right behind you but unfortunately some dullards on here can't wait to put the boot in.

Well done Dwight lad.

I'd like to say we were always right behind you but unfortunately some dullards on here can't wait to put the boot in.
Oh come on mate.
I put my head above the parapet and said he was an ok signing, it was a minority opinion.
He was then terrible, stank the gaff out for 6 months. Some of it wasn't his fault because he's a winger that had no centre forward but in all honesty he looked like he couldn't be arsed.
Then he was transformed under Dyche. So all in all he's been an ok signing but that's about it

Oh come on mate.
I put my head above the parapet and said he was an ok signing, it was a minority opinion.
He was then terrible, stank the gaff out for 6 months. Some of it wasn't his fault because he's a winger that had no centre forward but in all honesty he looked like he couldn't be arsed.
Then he was transformed under Dyche. So all in all he's been an ok signing but that's about it
I've no issue with people critiquing his performances after games. But the knee jerk, sweeping statements and labels before he's even laced up his boots are embarrassing. There's a big difference and our fans CANNOT wait to create a boo boy.

Richi was awful at running down blind alleys for much of his last seasons but still managed to produce moments of magic and all types of goals. Remember that he has scored more goals for Brazil than McNeil has scored in his career.
To be fair, I'd score more times for one of the most attack-minded teams in world football, than Burnley & an Everton team with Maupay in front of me. I'm 52, fat, losing my eyesight, & have zero natural talent. I love Richy by the way & would have him back in a heartbeat.

To be fair, I'd score more times for one of the most attack-minded teams in world football, than Burnley & an Everton team with Maupay in front of me. I'm 52, fat, losing my eyesight, & have zero natural talent. I love Richy by the way & would have him back in a heartbeat.

True but you’d have to earn a start for Brazil in the first place. Neither yourself or McNeil would be doing that, even if you were born on Copacabana beach.

True but you’d have to earn a start for Brazil in the first place. Neither yourself or McNeil would be doing that, even if you were born on Copacabana beach.
It doesn't seem that hard to get called-up for Brazil as they seem to give caps out left, right, & centre in recent years. So I wouldn't rule it out. If I could just fudge the records a bit like Tony Cascarino did...

Well done Dwight lad.

I don't get these posts. most people that commented on him were expressing the view that he was a poor signing as he was offering very little, playing poorly*he was woeful and needed to improve.(they were 100% correct) . He did imorove and got his just praise and deserved this esp with his work rate that dramatically improved (was prob limited by lampards tactics).

I don't get these posts. most people that commented on him were expressing the view that he was a poor signing as he was offering very little, playing poorly*he was woeful and needed to improve.(they were 100% correct) . He did imorove and got his just praise and deserved this esp with his work rate that dramatically improved (was prob limited by lampards tactics).
It’s because vaulting is what GOT is about.

If he can extend his form under Dyche over a whole season it would probably have him in double figures for goals which is a decent return for a wide player. Richarlison and Calvert Lewin in their best seasons for us were getting 13,14 goals so if he could get 10 plus from a wide position it’s a good contribution.

a weak as water
my god he is a bad as I have seen. what does he offer. I have no idea. he is so weak. slow and 1 footed. horrible player.
it was a ridiculous signing. a side with no pace in it last year. there must be some idiots involved in our scouting system. but this lies with frank. he should have said no thank you. get me quality.
*Couldn't resist. Sorry, not sorry.

Status
Not open for further replies.