Confirmed Signing Dwight McNeil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess we're about to find out if Frank can actually coach players and develop a few tactical plans.

Welcome to the madhouse Dwight, put the effort in and I'll forgive you for not being Messi.

He looks buzzing to have joined us to be fair.

skysports-everton-bernard-transfer_4385138.jpg

His 'stats' are what they are, but a huge part of that is mitigated against it being Sean Dyche's Burnley.

'last season he was in the top one per cent of attacking midfielders in the league for interceptions and blocks'

Says it all.

Let's see.

If £15m ish, at 22, barely misses a game you'd hope he's money in the bank.
For context, Pienaar averaged 2.5 goals per season for us In the 8 seasons he played here.

However we could keep the ball and get a foothold and we’re just a better team when he played.

I`m not particularly enthused by Dwight McNeil, I will absolutely support the guy and hope he can deliver for Everton. Lets face it, were we all excited by Cahill, Jagielka, Howard, Baines etc when they were announced.

I wish we could all give the lad a chance before we give him a label, it may even take him some time to settle in but lets see what he brings this season. I back Frank and Kevin, a lot say they do too but then question every signing.

Let us be honest, where we are now is a direct consequence of Moshiri/Kenwright spending in the last 6 years.... Let`s trust the process and pray it goes well.

Baines and especially Jags were pretty sought after if my memory serves

He has 24 goal involvments in 134 games.

In those games Burnley scored 155 goals.

Meaning an 18-22 year old was responsible for 15% of their entire goals.

I dont think thats bad at all.

God I hate Sky. What the hell is a "goal involvement"?!

The lad never missed a game and was a key forward for them - so to me him being involved in only 15% is pretty poor.

That said I think this one will actually turn out to be our best transfer for manys a year...

For context, Pienaar averaged 2.5 goals per season for us In the 8 seasons he played here.

However we could keep the ball and get a foothold and we’re just a better team when he played.

In my opinion Pienaar was then, and seemingly is now, grossly overrated. I never took to him. He was a cog in an average hard working team. Like the similarly lauded Cahill there's a good reason why no club ever came in for them (the Spurs/Pienaar transfer proves the point).

Bang on the money.

McNeil keeps the ball, passes, crosses, progressive, good engine. If it allows others in the team to tick (like Pienaar did), which we don't have.

But yeah "goals and assists lad"

Status
Not open for further replies.