Duncan Ferguson - The Coach

Status
Not open for further replies.
We’ve got a squad of 26 players (including Niasse, Martina & Baningime). From that 26, 8 (Delph, Sigurdsson, Walcott, Schneiderlin, Sidibe, Gomes, Gbamin & Baningime) were unavailable due to illness and Injury, 2 (Sigurdsson & Sidibe) of which became unavailable the night before the game, 6 were returning from injury or time out of the first team (Baines, Coleman, Digne, Mina, Niasse & Martina) - 1 (Digne) of which got injured during the game, 4 (Niasse, Martina, Gordon & Baningime) haven’t touched a ball for the first team all season and 3 are keepers.

Despite that, he’s just took the team with the worst away record in the league, to an in-form United side at Old Trafford and got a draw. And you’re complaining about his tactics‍
Through grit and determination, how long can he keep it up. tactically it was poor, defend with 10 men and hope for the best for large parts.

Problems arise when the other team score first.

I have been using Klopp and Guardiola for months as the example to follow. I am convinced their involvement add a couple of % points to the teams performance.

I love it mate, against Chelsea Dunc's passion on the line filtered through to the crowd, it was absolutely rocking, and too be honest mate, I only slagged Klopp off for doing it was because, well, it was Klopp. Deep down I was wishing that only if Silva showed half the passion Klopp did.

People like yourself that wanted Silva to be given more time because he did well for a few games last season and hoped he could do it for a whole season.

We can see from Ferguson's 2004 tactics he isn't up to it in the long run. The derby in Jan should be his last game, then we being in ancelotti

Who was he managing in 2004?

By the way, have you learned anything about your line of work in 15 years?

Through grit and determination, how long can he keep it up. tactically it was poor, defend with 10 men and hope for the best for large parts.

Massive problems would have arisen when United equalised, and they did not. How on earth can anybody complain about what we have achieved in the last two games. We WERE demoralised and there for the taking a short while ago. Under Silva that would have been a 5-0 defeat. What do we want in such a short time? The turn-around is stunning.

did you watch the game? We were hardly backs against the wall. Yeah sure possession stats are heavily in Man Us favour, but I remember Bobby ‘we won the possession’ Martinez.

I’d rather try and win the statistic which signifies goals cheers

Hows it poor? We had 7 outfield players who you’d consider to be ‘match fit’... Keane, Holgate, Davies, Iwobi, DCL, Richarlison & Kean.Every other player in the squad was either injured,ill, recovering from an injury/illness or hardly featured all season.

Considering the circumstances, his tactics were spot on. We were organised, hard to beat, nullified them and were dangerous on the counter. It was probably one of our better performances away to the ‘big 6’ in the premier league era, you don’t manage that through poor tactics

When you're in desperate need of points like we are Dunc's way is perfectly fine but if we're aiming for Europa it won't be good enough imo, It's a very basic bare bones approach which is perfectly fine given our situation but it's not something that would work for a full season and would be enjoyable on the eyes either.

It's spot on that.

If people want worse than Moyes footy, fill yer boots.

They'll be sick of it in a month's time. It's backwards and agricultural....and everyone knows it.
Would you not accept Dave that it would be unreasonable to judge any coach after ten days in the job ?
Would you not also accept that at present given the injuries the team that is being picked is the only real option ? , I would be interested to hear what team you would have picked for the game yesterday given that Delph, Gomes, Schneiderlin, Sigurdsson, Gbamin and Walcott were unavailable ?

Is it also not unreasonable to pre judge based on a personal bias, which you are doing, because Ferguson does not have a managerial history to judge him on ?

I find it difficult to take seriously any criticism based on bias rather than reasoned opinions.
From what I have seen Duncan Ferguson is taking the resources available to him at a point in time to put out an organised team to garner points which is an improvement on the train wreck that our season had become.

In due course we may see if as a manager Duncan Ferguson has the ability to produce a team capable of playing a more entertaining expansive type of game but judging him now it seems to me is unreasonable and I think will be judged as much by most reasoned supporters.

Would you not accept Dave that it would be unreasonable to judge any coach after ten days in the job ?
Would you not also accept that at present given the injuries the team that is being picked is the only real option ? , I would be interested to hear what team you would have picked for the game yesterday given that Delph, Gomes, Schneiderlin, Sigurdsson, Gbamin and Walcott were unavailable ?

Is it also not unreasonable to pre judge based on a personal bias, which you are doing, because Ferguson does not have a managerial history to judge him on ?

I find it difficult to take seriously any criticism based on bias rather than reasoned opinions.
From what I have seen Duncan Ferguson is taking the resources available to him at a point in time to put out an organised team to garner points which is an improvement on the train wreck that our season had become.

In due course we may see if as a manager Duncan Ferguson has the ability to produce a team capable of playing a more entertaining expansive type of game but judging him now it seems to me is unreasonable and I think will be judged as much by most reasoned supporters.

I’ll be interested to see how he sets up at home against ‘weaker’ opposition who sit with 2 banks of 4.

a fluid 4-3-3 with 3 genuine strikers and Holgate as the Dm dropping in to the back when the full backs push on would be hilarious ... just what previous managers promised.

He's a dinosuar mate.

That was worse than Moyes yesterday.

Agricultural is a word that cant convey what that looked like. Embarrasing.

A load of our players rushing toward the ball in clusters of 6 and 7 like schoolkids footy. The "manager" with his shirt on in pissing down conditions to show how much "he cares".

It's like we're Cleethorpes United.

United drew level and he shat it: confused he throws another attacker on to repalce a MF, to see out a draw.

He's a crackpot caveman.

If you ignore the top teams, and especially Guerdiola's teams, there are very few teams that are able to play ball-oriented and at the same time be effective. Most often it is tiki-taka without direction. It's definitely dinosaur football. It's not very entertaining either.

I'm not saying that DF is a genius, but if you don't master the basics, you have no chance of developing as a team. Right now, we have to master the basics, and with that one gets very far.

Klopp's philosophy is not very complicated, but it is very effective when everyone is doing their job. At the start of his period Liverpool had many long passes, aiming to win the ball high in the field and avoid being caught in imbalance. You can still see this in the big matches. Eventually, the opponents focused on closing this space and went deeper. This gives Liverpool more ball possession, and they push much more overall further up the field.

When over half of the PL teams want to play modern (misunderstood) tiki taka football, they are absorbed by Liverpool's pressure. For opportunities lie in the space behind the backfour, but then you have to play the ball forward and you have to move into that space. Not just one, but several, and preferably opposite movements. Klopp's system is perfect for teams that want to play out at all costs, backward and sideway passes, and who don't seek breakthroughs.

There's no way any other manager is coming in while Duncan has the boys performing like this. It's so refreshing to see players giving everything for the shirt. The effect of Duncan in there has been transformational. Just keep it going. With that effort and belief in the manager, I'd be happy to see what Duncan can do in the summer with this squad.

You seriously need to reassess the direction in which your life is going, your team is 10 points clear at the top of the league and you’re spending actual time arguing til you’re blue in the face with Evertonians about why Duncan Ferguson shouldn’t get the manager’s job. It’s time to give it up.

We’ve got a squad of 26 players (including Niasse, Martina & Baningime). From that 26, 8 (Delph, Sigurdsson, Walcott, Schneiderlin, Sidibe, Gomes, Gbamin & Baningime) were unavailable due to illness and Injury, 2 (Sigurdsson & Sidibe) of which became unavailable the night before the game, 6 were returning from injury or time out of the first team (Baines, Coleman, Digne, Mina, Niasse & Martina) - 1 (Digne) of which got injured during the game, 4 (Niasse, Martina, Gordon & Baningime) haven’t touched a ball for the first team all season and 3 are keepers.

Despite that, he’s just took the team with the worst away record in the league, to an in-form United side at Old Trafford and got a draw. And you’re complaining about his tactics‍

Spot on

Whisper it but this team has a bit of the 'Joe Royles first season' about it...

Lets hope it ends on the same note ;)

pleased to see this guy do well in the evertons hour of need. in the interest of transparency and us all wanting to be improve and be our best versions for grandoldteam.com let us look at who poison us from within :

thank u all buddies for the apology in advance and ur showing of humility.

I think you’ll find that I went on the record a few pages back to retract my opening statement. Even with all of my coaching badges I got this one wrong. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.