Duncan Ferguson Management

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's fine mate if he wants to be a coach.

If he wants to be a manager for one of the top 20 richest clubs in the world, it's a different story.
Meaningless. We gave Marco Silva & Sam Allardyce a job here. We should give Dunc a go.

EDIT: to add to that, we used that monied position to bag a world-class manager in Carlo...and all we got to show for it was boring football, 10th-place, no cup runs, and Carlo off to the first Big Club who'd have him.

Give Dunc a Chance.

Meaningless. We gave Marco Silva & Sam Allardyce a job here. We should give Dunc a go.

EDIT: to add to that, we used that monied position to bag a world-class manager in Carlo...and all we got to show for it was boring football, 10th-place, no cup runs, and Carlo off to the first Big Club who'd have him.

Give Dunc a Chance.
Totally agree m8.

He's been too happy on the Everton gravy train. After his successful little cameo stint pre-Ancelotti his stock was high and he should have took a job in the Championship to prove himself.

He didn't.

For me, that lack of ambition to prove himself disqualifies him from the job.
Maybe he was told to work with Ancelotti so he could take over once Carlo went, no way he would turn that down.
I think he will definitely go into management this summer.

He would put his hand up out of passion, and would serve when asked, and be given 100% support but no not yet anyway. As a coach, mentor and adding in consistency then yes he is a great asset. Ambition doesn't doesn't necessarily translate into the #1 job; you don't need to be a CEO to have a great career, and you don't have to be a successful manager to the PL to have have a great coaching career. He is still young there is many different routes to take but for now being a coach and assistant mgr at Everton is probably the best way to serve the club if that is his desire. As stated long term probably needs to move if he wants the permanent job at some point. Serving under so many mgrs will still help in that journey he will be learning a great deal; but our next mgr then a no for me.

Maybe he was told to work with Ancelotti so he could take over once Carlo went, no way he would turn that down.
I think he will definitely go into management this summer.
It would be great to see him step up into management, as long as its somewhere else. He's been part of the coaching staff for 3 managers that hasn't been successful and towards the end of each managers term the performances were well below dire. We don't owe this guy anything. When he found out he wasn't getting a new contract as a player he turned his back on football, he'd no interest in going into coaching. It was only when through bad investments that cost him a lot of money that he came back to the game and we were there to help him get his coaching badges.

He should go and take a mangers job elsewhere and show us all how good or bad he can do the job. The last thing we need now is to take a gamble on someone with no experience in the top job just because he shows a bit of passion for the club.

I know Arteta hasn't set the world alight but Dunc is as qualified to manage us as he was when he got the Arsenal job, more so.

We have tried a world class manager, he legged it but we still finished 10th & 12th. We tried a upcoming manager in Silva and it was crap. Koeman had abit more experience and he was crap. Big sam was big sam and Martinez had won a cup with another club but it didnt work out.

Maybe trying someone who knows the club inside out, has had a taste of managing and actually cares. Its a gamble but what has we got to lose? a 10th place trophy. Even if it turned out bad we are back to square one.

We are a strange club so maybe a strange appointment would work out especially when you look at former players as managers in our history.

Status
Not open for further replies.