Drubbings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milkman

Player Valuation: £35m
Drubbings, thrashings, poundings, spankings, whatever you like to call them, we've had 'em.

3-0 v Tottenham
3-0 v Atalanta
4-0 v Utd
5-2 v Arsenal
3-0 v Lyon
5-1 v Atalanta
4-1 v Southampton
4-0 v Spurs
5-1 v Arsenal

That's NINE already this season. We're averaging more than one per month, with many more still to come. That's pretty good going, even for Sunderland. It's almost like this Everton team is totally spineless.

I can't recall a season where we've recorded so many heavy defeats. What was the worst season in recent history for this? I'm talking beatings of 3+ goals here.

Drubbings, thrashings, poundings, spankings, whatever you like to call them, we've had 'em.

3-0 v Tottenham
3-0 v Atalanta
4-0 v Utd
5-2 v Arsenal
3-0 v Lyon
5-1 v Atalanta
4-1 v Southampton
4-0 v Spurs
5-1 v Arsenal

That's NINE already this season. We're averaging more than one per month, with many more still to come. That's pretty good going, even for Sunderland. It's almost like this Everton team is totally spineless.

I can't recall a season where we've recorded so many heavy defeats. What was the worst season in recent history for this? I'm talking beatings of 3+ goals here.

05-06 springs to mind, but don't think even that was as bad.

5-1 v Dinamo Bucharest
4-0 v West Brom
4-0 v Bolton
4-0 v Aston Villa
4-1 v Chelsea
3-0 v Chelsea

We finished 11th with 50 points, but won only 2 out of our opening 14 in all comps, including a 6 game losing streak early on.

3-0 v Tottenham
3-0 v Atalanta
4-0 v Utd
5-2 v Arsenal
3-0 v Lyon
5-1 v Atalanta
4-1 v Southampton
4-0 v Spurs
5-1 v Arsenal

Yeah. Bad enough without being reminded of them, mate. :coffee:

It's the worse I can remember, and more worryingly, the club don't seem bothered. I think it's down to mentality in the team, if a game's going well ie Leicester last week, they put more effort in. If we go a goal or two down, heads drop all over the show, hence the drubbings.

Status
Not open for further replies.