Driving to games from London

Status
Not open for further replies.
must be a nightmare doing that mate but respect for
you doing it / considering. hope you find something
i have no clue though so sorry.

I went to Kingston Uni and worked at Banquet records and Partica for 4 years before I became a teacher!

No way! Banquet Records is great. And they are linked to the Hippodrome which has greats bands performing on Thursday nights for warm up gigs (recently Jamie T, Courteeners etc).

No way! Banquet Records is great. And they are linked to the Hippodrome which has greats bands performing on Thursday nights for warm up gigs (recently Jamie T, Courteeners etc).

yeah, was a massive part of my life for many years. If you ever ordered mailorder 6 or so years ago, i wrote the messages customers got with their tickets and worked a lot of new slangs looking after bands.

Don't have much reason to go to Kingston any more but do occasionally. Banquet actually put on Jamie T's first ever show and paid him in a sandwich!

Sorry, totally off topic.

Bill used to regularly travel to home games from Euston or Northern away games on the train when I was living down that London in the 80s.

I am not sure if he was an ESCLA boy but he always mixed with us in the section of the train we had reserved.

He didn't bore you stiff, with some of the tall stories he told, did he?

Kennington here, very interested in this if some London Blues can organise a Car Share or something. Going to sign up to ESCALA now.

I was with ESCALA this year and I didn't end up using them due to them not having any transport for any games that I intended to go to.

Not sure if I will renew, they also used to source tickets which I think they have stopped doing.

Definitely interested in this as well. Live in SW, Kingston/Surbiton way.

Games against London teams are always a nightmare for train travel, so could be a good plan.

Also please do join ESCLA - I've got some really good fares through them, but they more often than not don't organise travel due to lack of interest. Would be great if more people could support it.

I live in Kingston! Season ticket holder

Whereabouts? I work at Surbiton High School! :) Haven't been to Hippodrome for ages (was always a w/e customer tho! :eek: )

Whereabouts? I work at Surbiton High School! :) Haven't been to Hippodrome for ages (was always a w/e customer tho! :eek: )

Ha no way! I used to work in that dirty little newsagent shop outside Surbiton train station (to the left if you are looking at the station).

I'm still round the corner by Kingston Hospital/Norbiton. Who knew there was a SW London supporters club, someone rent a coach we'll do the aways as well! Haha.

More London-based fans than Liverpool-based fans, by the sound of it. Best keep the Norway jibes to a minimum on RAWK, else they see this thread.

Ha no way! I used to work in that dirty little newsagent shop outside Surbiton train station (to the left if you are looking at the station).

I'm still round the corner by Kingston Hospital/Norbiton. Who knew there was a SW London supporters club, someone rent a coach we'll do the aways as well! Haha.

I lived in seething wells in surbiton during my first year of uni and lived in brae court next to hospital in second year.

Small world!

Reactions: Sy-

Hah, shout out KT massive, I grew up near Berrylands! (next station)... I have nothing useful to add to this thread though :)

If any of you fancy friendly five-aside on mondays in tolworth, let me know. Always looking for new players. Mixed range of abilities and ages.

Status
Not open for further replies.