Driving to games from London

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone do this?

Trains are so expensive and I'd love to get involved in a car pool of some kind.

Been offered a Swansea ticket but train would be 80 pounds :/
Where about in London do you live mate? I live in North not far from the A406 and I can be on the Wirral within 3.5 hours with OK traffic. All depends on the time of day really.

Wimbledon so really good train links. Where are you?

I'm not too far from you (Whitton, near Richmond/Kingston/Heathrow). Play football myself most weeks but only one game left now. How much do you reckon petrol would cost there and back?

I'm not too far from you (Whitton, near Richmond/Kingston/Heathrow). Play football myself most weeks but only one game left now. How much do you reckon petrol would cost there and back?

Wow, you are super close.

Not really sure about petrol. 4 hour drive from here.

Muswell Hill, which isn't great for trains, although I can be at Euston within 45 mins. Good location for driving though, as far as London goes.

I have no issue with travelling your way if you are ever driving in the future.

For this to work the best, we should get 4 people together and share petrol costs.

Something to consider for next season?

Muswell Hill, which isn't great for trains, although I can be at Euston within 45 mins. Good location for driving though, as far as London goes.

For this to work the best, we should get 4 people together and share petrol costs.

My mum's family/my grandma used to live in Muswell Hill, can be a p.i.t.a. to get to round the North Circular!! :eek:

I'd be up for that, but like I say, I play most weeks, so wouldn't be able to do it regularly :(

I'd be up for this for away games if I could ever get tickets....

I live east London near Stratford so could get anywhere really.

Try different train companies, found London Midland cheaper than most. Also, if you don't mind a longer journey, you can get some ridiculously cheap tickets (if booked in advance) if you travel London - Birmingham- Liverpool.
Plus you get to travel into the glorious Birmingham Moor St station with London Midland.

Plus you get to travel into the glorious Birmingham Moor St station with London Midland.
Wouldn't call moor st glorious lol unless it's changed since the last time I was there..

Got a train from there once to london.. had to actually put the window down and open the door from the outside lol

Wouldn't call moor st glorious lol unless it's changed since the last time I was there..

Got a train from there once to london.. had to actually put the window down and open the door from the outside lol
It's a beautiful station. I traveled back to London from there the other week, felt like I was in an old Elstree Studios film. Thought a woman was going to run down the platform waving a hanky as we left.

MoorStConcourse.jpg

2litre diesel cost me about £50 there and back to London.

2litre diesel cost me about £50 there and back to London.
Costs me about the same from Cambridge. I can't get the train the logistics are a right nightmare especially with engineering works for some games :(

If you go by train split your ticket. It's usually cheaper to buy a ticket from London to Stafford and then Stafford to Liverpool on the same train rather than one ticket London - Liverpool. The worst thing that might happen is you have to change seats on the train.

Was gonna say this. This website works it out for you: https://www.splitticketing.com/

I don't think you can save more than £10 on the London -> Swansea route but on some routes its alot more than that. I save £20 every time I get the train to Liverpool from Bristol

Status
Not open for further replies.